National Service Scheme
NSS is an Indian Government sponsored public service program conducted by the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports. The motto of NSS is NOT me but YOU.
It aims at developing student’s personality through community service.
- The world Environment day was organized on June 5th 2017 in which Rally was organized with 100 students in the chavadi village in order to clean and protect the environment.
- Blood donation camp in association with Shanthi Social Services, Coimbatore was organised on 14.06.2017. Around seventy staff and students donated their blood for the welfare of society.
- International Yoga Day in association with Department of Physical Education was organised on 21.06.2017 in Vivekananda Hall. Around 250 students participated and knew about the importance of Yoga practices.
- An awareness programme on “unauthorized chit funds” was organised on 23.06.2017 in Vivekananda Hall. Around 250 students got benefited through this programme.
- NSS in association with Ahalia Foundation organized an Eye camp for the final year students on 15.07.2016. A total of 500 students were benefited from the programme.
- On 01.09.2016, NSS & YRC jointly organised an awareness camp on “Stem Cell testing”for the students.
- The premises of Govt. Panchayath Middle School, Thirumalayampalayam were cleaned and white washed by our NSS Volunteers on 07.10.2016.
- On 30.11.2016 NSS in association with Vasan Eye Care Hospital organized an Eye camp for first year students in which Dr. K.V.Surendran, Principal presided over the function. A total of 400 students got benefited.
- On 01.12.2016, Signature campaign was organized for “AIDS Awareness Programme” in which Mr. T.S. Harish Kumar,Secretary, SNGET presided over the programme. A total of 100 staff and students participated.
- Alumni of SNGC along with NSS volunteers organized three day camp at Rangasamuthuram, Ettimadai Village, Coimbatore on 28.12.2016.
- National Voter’s Day was observed in our college on 25.01.2017. Around 200 students participated and took a pledge for casting their vote in the elections conducted by ECI, Govt. of India.
- On 07.02.2017 “Unified Payment Interface Programme” was organized to give awareness for the “Go Cashless”. Dr. K.V Surendran, Principal, presided over the function in which Mr. S. Rajkumar, Dy. General Manager (Commercial), National Handloom Development Corporation Ltd, Mr. Vikram Singh Jongval, DeputyManager (Commercial), National Handloom Development Corporation Ltd, Ms. Uma Kannan, Assistant Manager, (Commercial), National Handloom Development Corporation Ltd., delivered special address. More than 100 students participated and knew the procedures for transferring money through UPI .
The following activities were performed during the period:
|Sl. No||Name of the Project||Venue||Project duration||No. of Beneficiaries||No. of Participants|
|1||To know the details about village||C. G.Pudhur||4 hrs||200||50|
|Removing unwanted plants||Ettimadai Village||5 hrs||–||80|
|3||Diabetics test||C. G.Pudhur||3hrs||150||75|
|Cleaning project||C. G. Pudhur||4hrs||100||50|
|5||Tree plantation||C.G Pudhur||2hrs||100||25|
|6||Sports competition for school students||K.G.Chavady, MPUM School||4hrs||250||50|
NSS Special Camp Photos