Year of Establishment: 1994
- B.Sc. Biochemistry
- M.Sc. Biochemistry
- M.Phil Biochemistry (Full time/Part time)
- Ph.D. Biochemistry (Full time/Part time)
No. of Labs: 3
No. of Classrooms: 5
No. of Department Library: 1
Click to know more on Biochemistry Department
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : 9080828865
Experience : 26 yrs
Papers Published : National: 6 International: 4
Conferences Attended : State: 2 National: 1Specialization : Plant Biochemistry
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 9361441583
UG: 23 years
PG: 03 years
TOTAL: 23 years
Papers Published : National: 2 International: 9
Conferences Attended : State 1 National: 2
Workshop : State: 1 National: 1
Specialization: Cancer Biology
Research Guidance: 1 PhD
Member in IIC, ISO
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : 8883154490
Journal Published: National: 2 International: 5
Conference Attended: State: 1
Workshop Attended: State: 1 National: 1
Research Guidance: Ph.D – 1
Specialization: Plant Biochemistry, Bioremediation
Sports Committee Member
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 9486662609
UG: 9.6 years
TOTAL: 12.6 years
Journal Published: National: 10 International: 26
Seminar Attended: State: 5 National: 8 International: 4
Conference Attended: National: 3 International: 6
Workshop Attended: National: 6
Seminar Organized: State: 4
Conference Organized: International: 3
Workshop Organized: State: 1
Principal Investigator: UGC Minor Research Project 2015-17
Specialization : Medicinal Plants, Cancer Biology
Research Guidance: M.Phil and Ph.D
Awards: Received Best Faculty Award in 2019 from Sree Narayana Guru College, Coimbatore
Research Committee Convener
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : 9003747624
UG: 10.5 years
TOTAL: 10.5 years
Seminar Attended: National: 2
Conference Attended: National: 1 International: 1
Workshop Attended: National: 1
Youth Red Cross Coordinator
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 8301052003
UG: 2 years
PG: 1 year
TOTAL: 2 years
Conference Attended : State: 1 National: 1
Specialization : Cancer Biology
|4||10||Anne Sona Thomas||Biochemistry||1997-2000|
|5||9||Mohan Babu. R||Biochemistry||1999-2002|
|17||1||Parvathy.K.Raj||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2010-2013|
|18||2||Reshma.P.K||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2010-2013|
|19||1||Jyothi Sree.R||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2011-2014|
|20||2||Nandha kumar.K.R||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2011-2014|
|21||1||Sarah Lukhose||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2012-2015|
|22||2||Ashyli George||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2012-2015|
|23||3||Srumi.U||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2012-2015|
|24||1||Vishma.N.M||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2013-2016|
|25||2||Sreya Shankar||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2013-2016|
|26||3||Rasmi.R||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2013-2016|
|27||4||Ramya.P||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2013-2016|
|28||1||Maneesha Mohan||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2014-2017|
|29||2||Namratha.A||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2014-2017|
|30||3||Anagha Anoop||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2014-2017|
|31||4||Gayathri Varier||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2014-2017|
|32||5||Nivetha. A||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2014-2017|
|33||5||Harsha. V||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2014-2017|
|34||1||Aswathi. E||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2015-2018|
|35||2||Shahnamol.A||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2015-2018|
|36||3||Simple.K.J.||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2015-2018|
|37||4||Baby Varnana. O.K||Biochemistry with Nanotechnology||2015-2018|
- Department of Biochemistry organised an International Webinar on “C. elegans to study autophagy” on 21st November 2020 at 10.30 am. The Resource was Dr.S Hemalatha, Staff Scientist, Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School Of Medicine, St. Louis, USA. In the International Webinar the Chief guest insisted the importance of Research studies, elaborated the role of small soil worms and mutagenesis process occurring in c.elegans world wide. Students and staff from various Institutions participated and benefitted.
- The Department of Biochemistry had organised a Webinar on the Topic “DNA Vaccines and Peptide Vaccines – Current approaches and Challenges” on 4th November, 2020. Dr. Sathish Sankar, Consultant Molecular Biologist, Vellore was the resource person. He emphasized that despite the several advantages, peptides are typically poorly immunogenic when used alone, requiring the next generation of adjuvants to overcome problems.
- Seven Days Alumni Webinar Series was organized by the Department of Biochemistry, DAY-7: (22ndJune 2020 Time: 2.30-3.30pm) Lecture on: “Dare to Follow Your Heart” Resource Person:Mrs.Vaishnavi Sanoj Writer, Podcaster, Poet & Author, Ernakulam, Kerala State. (Biochemistry Batch: 2003 – 2006)
- Seven Days Alumni Webinar Series was organized by the Department of Biochemistry, DAY-6: (21stJune 2020 Time: 2.30-3.30pm) Celebrated “International Yoga Day” with the theme of “Yoga for Health, Yoga at Home and Yoga with Family” Lecture on: “Importance of Yoga in Life” Resource Person:Mr.A.Achuthanandan, Manager, Shivachaitanyam, Yoga& Wellness Kendra, Kozhinjampara, Palakkad. (Biochemistry Batch: 2009 – 2012 Batch).
- Seven Days Alumni Webinar Series was organized by the Department of Biochemistry, DAY-5: (20thJune 2020 Time: 2.30-3.30pm) Lecture on: “Regenerative Medicine: Current and Future Directions” Resource Person:Mrs.S.SIVA PRIYA, PhD Scholar, Manipal Institute of Regenerative Medicine (MIRM), MAHE, Manipal, Mangalore.(Biochemistry Batch: 2009 – 2012).
- Seven Days Alumni Webinar Series was organized by the Department of Biochemistry, DAY-4: (19thJune 2020 Time: 2.30-3.30pm) Lecture on: “Technologies that rule Biosciences-Are you prepared?!” Resource Person:Mr.V.VINEETH, Co-Founder & Head, Business Development Company, C-Six Labs Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore.(Biochemistry Batch: 2001 – 2004).
- Seven Days Alumni Webinar Series was organized by the Department of Biochemistry, DAY-3: (18thJune 2020 Time: 2.30-3.30pm) Lecture on: “Improvement of Immunity with organic materials” Resource Person:Ms.G.SUJITHA, Assistant Professor,Department of Biochemistry, Nehru Arts & Science College, Coimbatore-105. (Biochemistry Batch: 2002 – 2005).
- Seven Days Alumni Webinar Series was organized by the Department of Biochemistry, DAY-2: (17thJune 2020 Time: 2.30-3.30pm) Lecture on: “Bioentrepreneurship” Resource Person:Dr.Saranya Rathan, Assistant Professor,Departmentof Microbiology, Nehru Arts & Science College, Coimbatore- 105.(Biochemistry Batch: 2003 – 2006).
- Seven Days Alumni Webinar Series was organized by the Department of Biochemistry, DAY-1:(16thJune 2020 Time: 2.30-3.30pm) Lecture on:“Career Enhancement in Life Sciences & Beyond” Resource Person:Mr.P.RAJASEKHAR, Field Marketing Manager, German Based Merck Life SciencesPvt. Ltd, Asia Pacific (APAC), (Biochemistry Batch: 2001 – 2004).
- The Department of Biochemistry of Sree Narayana Guru College organized Two Days National Level Webminar on “Recent Trends In Biological Sciences” from 21.05.2020 to 22.05.2020 using ZOOM application. Resource person(s): 21.05.2020, Session 1: Dr.K.Jeyaprakash, Head, PG & Research Dept. of Biochemistry, Rajah Serfoji Govt. College(Autonomous), Thanjavur, Tamilnadu, on the topic “Drug Discovery and In silico Docking”. Session 2: Dr.M.Anand, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Marine and Coastal Studies, School of Energy Science, Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamilnadu on the topic “Marine Natural Products – A Potential Source of Drug Molecules”. 22.05.2020, Session 3: Dr.M.Vibin, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry, St.Albert’s College( Autonomous), Ernakulam, Kochi, Kerala, on the topic “Food Grade Protein Nanoparticles for Drug Delivery Applications”.
- The Department of Biochemistry of Sree Narayana Guru College organize webminar on “Computational Biochemistry” on 24.04.2020 from 10.30 to 11.30am using Google meet application. Resource person : Mr. Moni Philip Jacob K, Assistant Professor of Biotechnology, Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam, Erode.
- Department of Biochemistry Organized International Seminar on 09-10-2019 & 10-10-2019, 10.30 AM. Chief Guest: Dr.J. Anitha, Research Professor, Wonk-Wang University, Republic of Korea.
- Department of Biochemistry organized a Start up Program – Biobubbles on 01-10-2019, 2.00 PM. Venue:UG Biochemistry Laboratory. Inaugurated by Dr. M. Ilangovan, Principal, SNGC.
- Organized a guest lecture on 30-9-2019, 10.30 AM. Chief Guest:Dr. L. Hari Prasath, Assistant Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Karpagam Academy of Higher Education, Coimbatore, gave a lecture on “Intellectual Property Rights”. In his lecture, he discussed the importance on Patent, Copy Right and Trade mark.
- Organized Alumni Meeting on 07-08-2019, 1 PM.
- Organized PTA Meeting on 07-08-2019, 10 AM.
- Silver Jubilee Celebrations 2019 – Commemorative Lecture Series – The Department of Biochemistry, Organized a Lecture on “Pesticide Alternative: Wolbachia –Sex Manipulation and Beyond” by Dr. Rijesh Krishna Chief Technology Officer (CTO), C- Six Labs Private Ltd, Cochin, Kerala, on 27th July 2019 at 10.00am, Venue: Vivekananda Hall.
- Organized an awareness rally in connection with World Hepatitis Day (28th July 2019) in the adopted village C G Pudur, Coimbatore.
- Organized Inauguration of Budding Biochemist Association on 12-07-2019, 10.30 AM. Chief Guest: Dr. Janci Rani P R, Assistant Professor, Department of Nutrition, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore.
- Organized Poster Presentation for students on 11-07-2019(FN) and Rally (Biochemistry Students) at CG Pudur on 11-07-2019(AN) in connection with World Population Day.
- Association conducted a Rally at CG Pudur (Adopted Village) in connection with “Awareness class on water conservation” on 05-07-2019. Students and staff of Department of Biochemistry participated in the rally.
- Organized an International Conference on “Challenges in Biomedicine” on 30-01-2019, 10.15 AM. Venue: Vivekananda Hall. Chief Guest: Dr. S. Suja, Professor & Head, Department of Biochemistry, Bharathiar University, Cbe. Around 300 members participated in this programme.
1. Dr. B. Ravindran, Assistant Professor, Department of Environmental Energy and Engineering, Kyonggi University, South Korea.
2. Dr. Chella Perumal P, Postdoctoral Researcher, Phytomedicine and Pharmacology Research Group, Department of Plant Sciences, Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences, University of Free State, Qwaqwa, South Africa.
- Organized One Day Workshop on “Drug Discovery and Development – An insilico Approach” on 10-01-2019, 9.30 AM. Venue: Computer Lab. Chief Guest: Dr. Chella Perumal P, Postdoctoral Researcher, Phytomedicine and Pharmacology Research Group, Department of Plant Sciences, Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences, University of Free State, Qwaqwa, South Africa.
- Organized One Day Workshop on “Mushroom Cultivation Technology”. Resource Person: Dr. S.Kathiravan, Assistant Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Kongunadu Arts and Science College Coimbatore. Venue: Seminar Hall.
- Organized International Seminar on “Genome Editing for Molecular Breeding in Medicinal Plants” on 14-09-2018, 10.30 AM. Chief Guest: Dr. J. Anitha, Research Professor, Institute for Basic Science, Wonkwang University, Republic of Korea. Venue: Vivekananda Hall.
- Organized Two days International Technical Seminar on “Cancer Biology and Drug Designing” on 16-08-2018, 10 AM. Resource Person(s): Dr. J. Dinesh Kumar, Post Doctoral Research Scientist, University of St. Andrews, United Kingdom and Dr. Poornima Paramasivan, Post Doctoral Research Scientist, University of Abertay, Dundee, United Kingdom.