Department: PG & Research Department of Commerce
Year of Establishment: 1994
- B.Com (CA)
- B.Com (IT)
- B.Com (PA)
- B.Com + Logistics Management
- B.Com(Banking and Insurance)
- M.Phil(Full Time)
- Ph.D.(Part Time / Full Time)
No. of Class Rooms : 13
Department library : 1
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 9865748399
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : 9495230042
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to know more about Mr. M. Ramesh
Contact No: 7356631843
Click here to know more about Ms. Athira T K
Contact No: 9944761902
Contact No: 9847113595
Contact No: 8078209694
Contact No: 9207177294
|1||VII||Ms.SARADA R||BCOM CA||2007-2010|
|2||II||Ms.SHIJA RAJ PILLAI||BCOM CA||2009-2012|
|3||IV||SNEHA JOIN||BCOM CA||2011-2014|
|3||X||Ms.REKHA P R||MCOM||2009-2011|
- The Department of Commerce conducted an Extention activity on 13/04/2022 Wednesday 10 AM @ Pudhupathi Village near Walayar 20 Students, accompanied 2 faculties actively participated in the Extention activity. The students interacted with the tribal people & gained an insight into their life and explained about Government schemes for the tribal people and various saving schemes. This Extention activity was useful to the students and gave them a perception towards Tribals of Puthupathi Village.
- Department of Commerce with Computer Application of Sree Narayana Guru College has organized a Workshop on 1st April 2022 at 10:30 am. Mr. Vidhya Vikram, Founder & CEO and Mr. Vikram Balachandran, Co- Founder & Business Head, Skills on Biz, Coimbatore acted as Resource Persons. Ms. VIDHYA VIKRAM, glimpsed about “LinkedIn” – a powerful and personal social media tool and discussed about impact of social media & professional connects. Final year students of Department of Commerce with Computer Application, Professional Accounting gained more exposure to talent acquisition process, how to draft LinkedIn account and leverage it to reach the right professional connects.
- The Department of Commerce organized a Rally in connection with Communal Harmony Campaign Week on 30-Nov-2021 at 10:30am. 50 students, 3 faculties, and police officials actively participated in the rally which commenced from the college campus to K.G Chavadi Main. The agenda of the rally was to spread peace and communal harmony among the general public.
- In connection with National communal Harmony week, Department of Commerce CA conducted Essay writing Competition and Oratory Competition on 29.11.2021 to the students of Government High School, KG CHAVADI. The topic given for the Competition is “HUMANITY”. Nearly 25 students actively participated in the competition. The competition inculcated about that people of different religions, castes, creeds, gender and different background live together in the society with love and peace amongst them.
- As part of our college extension activity the Department of Commerce with Computer Applications observed the WORLD TOILET DAY on 19.11.2021 at the adopted village. Students volunteers from B.Com(CA), B.Com(PA), B.Com(IT) and B.Com(Banking & Insurance) along with faculty members they have visited the village and gave awareness about the importance of sanitation and hygiene in driving improvements in health and environment. Flyers about the same were distributed to each home in the village. The team also have visited the Middle School and delivered the WASH messages of ‘Children for Health’ among the school students.
- The Department of Commerce, Sree Narayana Guru College observed the legal services day on 9 – 11- 2021 as a part of the extension activity programme conducted today (13/11/2021) at C.G. Pudur village, KG Chavadi, Coimbatore. Students interacted with people as a part of the extension activity. They emphasized that the understanding of basic laws is necessary for the day-to-day activities of life. They also explained the drawbacks of not being aware of these laws. A joint effort is required to spread the existence of such laws to make people’s lives easier and shape them to be law-abiding citizens.
- The Department of Commerce (CA,PA,IT,B&I) organized in webinar on “IPR-Traditional Knowledge” on Saturday, the 23rd October 2021 through Google Platform at 10:30 AM. The Resource Person was Dr.G.Vengatesan, Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce, KPR College of arts and science and Research, Arasur, Coimbatore. He gave a detailed presentation on the Topic . In addition to that he narrated about the knowledge of traditional ,He saw in the Traditional knowledge (TK) is knowledge, know-how, skills and practices that are developed, sustained and passed on from generation to generation within a community, often forming part of its cultural or spiritual identity.
- Department of Commerce CA,PA,IT,BI Sree Narayana Guru College, K.G. Chavadi, Coimbatore have organised an Commemorative Lecture Series on 30th August 2021 @10.00 AM. through Microsoft Team. Resource Person: Dr. V. RANGARAJAN, Professor, MBA Twinning Programme, Loyola College, Pondicherry University and addressed the participants on the sixth day of the endowment series on the topic “Case Study Analysis of Theft in Organization and Role of Security Personnel, HRM and Administration”, He spoke on who HRM and Administration are, their advantage. He spoke about the successful management system of world .
- Department of Commerce, Sree Narayana Guru College, K.G. Chavadi, Coimbatore have organised an Endowment Lecture Series on 31st August 2021 @11.00 AM. through Microsoft Team. The first day program began with prayer song, Dr.P.Kannan Associate Professor and Head Department of Commerce welcomed the gathering, and stated the relevance of the topic “Entrepreneur need of the hour”in the present scenario. Resource person Vn. Silver*KCGF D. Ramsiva, a certified trainer Vasavi Club International & IMPACT foundation and addressed the participants on the seventh day of the endowment series on the topic “Entrepreneur the Need for the Hour”, He spoke on who entrepreneurship are, their advantage and disadvantages. They are job providers rather than being mere job seekers .The qualities of Risk taking, self-confidence, keen observation and farsightedness are important qualities. He spoke about on successful male and female entrepreneurs. If products are presented well it may bring about higher prices.
- Department of Commerce CA and PA,IT,IB conducted a Student Development Program on 2th August at 10 am successfully. Guest lecture was given by B.Milana,Research scholar, Anna University, Chennai, on the special topic,”Importance of Communication in Corporate Business”. He explained the importance of Communication and Life skill . through which one can be a better person that highlights one’s profile, positively.
- The Department of Commerce CA, PA, IT, B&I & Logistics and Entrepreneurship Development of Cell has organised “FASHIONISTA – 2021” on account of International Women’s Day Celebration, Various events like Rangoli, Mehendi, Nail Art & Hair dressing were conducted to encourage the girl kids of our college. Students from various departments have participated and won the titles.
- Department of Commerce, SreeNarayana Guru College, K.G. Chavadi, Coimbatore have organised an Endowment Lecture Series on 11th February 2021 @11.00 am. through Microsoft Team. Resource person Dr.M.Gurupandi,Assistant Professor of Commerce, AlagappaUniversity, Karaikudi addressed the participants of endowment series Day I on the topic “Budgeting as a basis for decision making” He spoke on the budgeting putforth by the finance minister Ms.Nirmalasitharaman and its importance in making decisions in this current scenario.
- The Department of Commerce CA, PA, B&I & IT with Logistics has inaugurated the Association on 21.10.2020 between 10.30 am to 11.30 am.Dr. M.Ilangovan presided over the function & Dr. D. Kalpana, Professor & Director, Commerce & Management Studies. Mr. K. Rajendran, Consultant, Digital India Projects has been invited as a Chief Guest for the day. He has inaugurated the Association & delivered the Guest lecture on “Digital Transactions in New Era”.
- Department of Commerce CA organised Two days Faculty Development Programme on “Technology and inclusive Growth – The impact on Economy”
Date: 13 & 14.8.2020
Day 1 Technology and inclusive Growth –
Day 2.The impact on Economy”
Day.1 Dr.N.Krishna Kumar,chif innovater,Mittipranil associates.
Day 2. Dr. A.Vetrivel,Chif operating officer,Nimbark, Fashions Ltd, Mumbai.
- Department of Commerce CA organised by Faculty Development webinar on influential communication ,Date: 28.5.2020 Resource person:Ms.S .Vidhya, Founder & CEO Skill-On – Biz, Mr.B.Vikram,co- Founder Business Head,Skill -On- Biz.
- Department of Commerce conducted Webinar on “Advance Excel at a Glance” on 16-05-2020, 11.00 AM. Chief Guest: Joel M Andrew, Director, Karam’s I-Tech Solutions
- Department of Commerce CA conducted Webinar on “Neo Strategies in Digital Marketing” on 14-05-2020, 2 to 3 PM. Chief Guest: Dr. R. Priya, Associate Professor of Business Studies, Justice Basheer Ahmed Sayeed College for Women, Chennai.
- Department of Commerce conducted Webinar on “Tally and its importance in Industries” on 12-05-2020, 11.00 AM. Chief Guest: Joel M Andrew, Director, Karam’s I-Tech Solutions.
- Department of Commerce CA conducted Webinar on “Fundamentals of Goods and Service Tax (GST)” on 04-05-2020, 2 to 3 PM. Chief Guest: Dr. V. Venkatachalam, Assistant Professor of Commerce, Nehru Arts and Science College, Cbe.
- Department of Commerce CA conducted Valedictory function on 19-02-2020. Chief Guest: Mr. Karuppasamy Ramanathan, CEO Spectrum Skills yard & City Academy, Secretary of Rotary Coimbatore city , Who addressed on the topic of Digital Entrepreneurship.
- Department of commerce CA organised on extension activity on saving scheme available to the public at C. G. Pudur village on 14/02/2020 the main purpose is to educate the various means of saving scheme and to help the family financial budget.
- The Departments of Commerce, Commerce CA & Commerce IB of Sree Narayana Guru College jointly organized a National Conference on “Changing Global Economic Scenario: Strategies for Business Sustainability” on Thursday, the 30th January 2020 in Vivekananda Hall. Dr M Ilangovan, Principal delivered the Presidential Address. Dr D Kalpana, Director – Commerce & Management offered her felicitation.
Mr Balachandran Kodandath, Proprietor, Mythree Agri Solutions, Tamilnadu & Kerala delivered the inaugural address. He emphasized the current economic status of India and also added that a projected stabilization in energy and commodity prices may provide a small tail wind for resource rich economies in 2021, but the medium-term trend continues to be dominated by weaker growth in key inputs notably investment and labour supply.
Dr S Sivagnanam, Assistant Professor of Commerce, Government Arts College, Coimbatore handled the first technical session on “Emerging Business Models for Sustainability”. He narrated the six ways to build a sustainable business.
The second session was chaired by Dr K Byju, Principal, Allied Management College, Ottapalam, Kerala. He delivered a lecture on “Integrated Financial Markets in the Globalized Environment”. He added that the recent developments in financial markets are:Money Markets, Short-term Interest Rates, Government Bond Yields, Foreign Exchange Markets, Equity Markets, Derivative Markets and Exchange-traded Derivatives.
- Department of Commerce CA organised by guest lecturer on “supply chain management” on 30-9-2019,10 AM, Venue: Conference Hall. Chief Guest: Jaya Murugan, Lakshmi cargo co.ltd.
- Department of B.Com. CA organised workshop on “Fit India movement towards healthy future”. Resource Person: Mr. R. Prema Sekar, Head and Nutrition consultant, Wellness Coach, Coimbatore.
- Commerce CA Department inagurated elaganza association on “career excellence in IT/ITES” on 08-08-2019, 10.30 AM. Venue: Vivekananda Hall. Chief Guest: Dr. Sathiyaseelan Shanmugam. Director, Country Head-Primoris Systems Ltd, Coimbatore.
- Department of Commerce CA conducted extension activities rally program at C.G.pudur on “Breastfeeding Awareness Program” on 02-08-2019.
- The I year Undergraduate students were taken for an Industrial Visit on 2nd August 2019 to Ayyappa Ghee, Periyaswamy Rd, R.S. Puram Coimbatore Tamil Nadu 641002. The students had an insight about the operations of the company, the manufacturing process, marketing activities, the packing mechanism.
- The II year Undergraduate students were taken for an Industrial Visit on 1st August 2019 to Udawat Agro Foods Thondamuthur Rd, Deenampalayam, Coimbatore. The students had an insight about the operations of the company, the manufacturing process, marketing activities, the packing mechanism.
- The department of Commerce organised an Industrial Visit to Bangalore, Mysore and Chikmagalur (Karnataka) on 31st July to 3rd August for final year ug students.
- A REPORT ON COMMEMORATIVE LECTURE ON “UNION BUDGET OF INDIA – THE ASPIRATION TO BECOME A $5 TRILLION ECONOMY” The Department of Commerce has reminiscences the silver jubilee Commemorative lecture on “UNION BUDGET OF INDIA – THE ASPIRATION TO BECOME A $5 TRILLION ECONOMY” on Monday 29.07.2019 between 10.30am to 12.00pm at Vivekananda Hall.. The resource person Dr.A.Senthil Kumar, Assistant Professor(Sr.Gr)Finance&Chair-Finance Area, Amrita School of Business, is the chief guest of the day. The chief guest Dr.A.Senthil Kumar has taken over the session and glimpses the key concepts of annual financial statements, Revenue Budget and Capital Budget. He gave a lecture on public policy and the goal of Prime minister of India, Narendara modi who promotes for the upliftment of the Indian economy. The lecture also brought out the comparison of top world’s biggest economies for 2019-2020. It also putsforth the growth of the GDP. It analyzed the budget plan for the year 2019-2020. The lecture concentrated on the new schemes and its measures related to stimulate the various forms to enhance developments in all sectors.
- Silver jubilee Lecture Series Lecture on “How to crack maths problem government related competitive exam” on 22-07-2019, 10 AM. Resource Person: Mr. N. Sivakumar, Associate Professor, PG and Research Department of Mathematics, Hindhusthan College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore Organised by Commerce with CA.
- Orientation Programme on “CA and CMA” on 05-07-2019. Resource Person: Mr. Rajeev, Director Transparent Academy.
- Orientation Programme on “Handicraft” on 05-07-2019 organized by Department of Commerce CA. Resource Person: Ms. Manonmani Sivakumar, Arts and Crafts Trainer, Coimbatore.
- Guest Lecture programme on “Competency Mapping” on 28-06-2019 organized by Department of Commerce CA. Resource Person: Dr. R Geetharamani, Assistant Professor, Government Arts College, Coimbatore.
- Orientation Program on “Securities Market” on 27-06-2019, 11 AM organized by Department of Commerce CA. Resource Person: Mr. S. Periyasamy, Security Market, Coimbatore.
- MOU signed with Udhavi Educational Consultancy(P) Ltd, Coimbatore on 19-06-2019.
- MOU signed with Ms.Park Business services, Coimbatore on 19-06-2019.
- Orientation Programme on “Capital Marketing” on 18-06-2019, 10 AM. Resource Person: Director Chitra, Capital Marketing Services, Palakkad. Venue: Vivekananda Hall.
- Orientation programme on CA,CMA on 10-06-2019. Resource Person: Mr. Rajeev, Director, Transparent Academy.
- Orientation programme on Bank coaching on 10-06-2019. Resource Person: Mr.Subramanian Director, Times institute.
- Signing MoU with Times Coimbatore on 16-04-2019.
- Organized ASSIDUOUS “Food Court Cum Sales Expo 2018” on 28-09-2018. Inaugural Chief Guest: Dr. M. Ilangovan, Principal i/c. Venue: Commerce Block.
- Inaugural function on 11-9-2018, 10.30 AM. Venue: Vivekananda Hall. Chief Guest: Dr. T. Devasenathipathi, Director& Professor, PPG Business School on Riskpreneurship.
- Organized one day orientation programme on “Professional Facilitation and Vocational Mentoring” on 16.02.2018 by Mr.U.Ilanchezhiyan, Director, Chezhiyan Academy, Coimbatore. In the programme he explained about the various professional opportunities for the Commerce students like CA, ACS, ICWA, etc. He emphasized that learning Commerce subjects with logical thinking and reasoning with regular preparation will facilitate to qualify the Professional examinations. Further, he said that language is not big constraint to face the examinations. More than 300 students from UG and PG Programmes of the department benefited.
- Awareness Programme on Mutual Fund Investment for Young Investors conducted by Lotus Knowlwealth Pvt Ltd., Chennai
- Tally Graduation Ceremony was held on 14.07.2016, Chief Guest : Mr. P.N. Moorthi, Placement National Head, TEPL, Bangalore
- CRYSTALITES- Association Inauguration held on 25.07.2016.
- Seminar on SEBI Guidelines for Young Investors was held on 18.08.16.
- Time-line Presentations by M.Phil Scholars held on 19.08.16.
- Investor Awareness Programme by SEBI Consultant was carried out on 27.09.16
- MoU between the Department and TEPL, Bangalore and its training partner Sri Krishna I-Tech Management Solutions Pvt Ltd., Bangalore was renewed on 18.10.16.
- Inter-Departmental Competitions, ASSIDUOUS, was organized on 17.02.17.
- Inter- Class Competitions were conducted on 09.03.17.
- Valedictory function of the Association was held on 17.03.2017.
The final year UG students of B.Com CA were taken for a one day trip on 28thDecember to Wonder la at Cochin accompanied by Ms. V. Vidhya and Ms. K.R. Kavitha.
On 3rd March 2017, The final year B.Com Students were taken for an industrial visit to Sogathirai Vanivilas estates and Carrot farming in Ooty, accompanied by our faculty, Ms.S.Bhuvaneswari and Dr. P. Kannan.
The students of III B.Com CA and the faculty members, Ms. V. Vidhya and Ms. S.Maheswari conducted an awareness programme on family budgeting to the residents of ChinnaiyanGounderPudur ,Chavadi on 11.01.17 based on the survey conducted by the III B.Com Students and the faculty members, Ms. S.Bhuvaneswari and Dr. P. Kannan on the beneficiaries of old age pension scheme of the State Govt. The non- beneficiaries grievances are consolidated and submitted to the department of Social work for further action.
Faculty :1. Dr. K. Parimalakanthi was awarded Ph.D on February 8, 2017.
- Dr. P.S.Chandni and Dr. K.Parimalakanthi submitted Management Funded project on Awareness of Rural People on Organic Products with special reference to K.G. Chavadi Village in Coimbatore.
Students : Sunil K.H. of I M.Com won the Second place in Boxing (Heavy) in the Inter-collegiate Tournaments conducted by Bharathiar University on 30.08.2016.
- Vinish .S and Sunderdas of III B.Com CA –B batch won III place in Football(men).
- Sagar Sooriya Narayanan of II B.Com CA secured III Place in State Level Football tournament at Bishop Heber College Trichy.
- G.Brindha of III.B.Com CA-A. and Uthra.R of III.B.Com CA-B are awarded the Best NSS Volunteer award by the institution.
University ranks (inception) UG: 8 PG: 6
RECENT ACTIVITIES (2018-2019)
- A NATIONAL CONFERENCE was held on the topic”360* COMMERCE” on 6th February.
- Venue:- Vivekananda Hall
- Time:- 9:00 AM
- Inuagral Address Dr.M.JAGADHESHWARAN
- Cheif guest Dr.,AJAY ,Principal, of KR SREE NARYANA College Ottapalam.
- Technical Session Dr, C.SANESH, Principal of VYSA College of Arts and Science
- On 27th February an inter department function was conducted.
- On 4th March Valedictory function of the department was conducted at Vivekananda Hall at 10am