Department : International Business
Year of Establishment: MIB / M.Com (IB) – 1999 B.Com (IB) – 2013
Courses offered : B.Com (IB)
: M.Com (IB)
The Department has 5 class rooms and a department library with more than 250 text books and 15 e – books.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : +91 88833 93339
Experience : UG: 6 yrs PG: 16 yrs & 6 months TOTAL: 16 yrs & 6 months
Papers Published : International: 5
Specialization : Marketing
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : +91 99434 37749
Experience : UG: 7 yrs, PG: 14 yrs & 6 months, TOTAL: 14 yrs & 6 months
Papers Published : National: 4, International: 12
Conferences Attended : National: 5, International: 7
Specialization : International Marketing
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : +91 97875 15678
Experience : UG: 7 yrs, PG: 1 yr & 6 months, TOTAL: 8 years
Specialization : International Marketing
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : +91 99944 06374
Experience : UG: 7 yrs, PG: 11 yr & 6 months, TOTAL: 11 yrs & 6 months
Papers Published : National: 7, International: 10
Conferences Attended : National: 5, International: 10
Specialization : Finance
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : +91 94978 70895
Experience : UG: 6 months, PG: 6 months, Total: 6 months
Papers Published : International:1
Conferences Attended : International: 1
Specialization : International Marketing
Email : email@example.com
Experience : UG: 6 months Total: 6 months
Papers Published : National:2
Conferences Attended : State: 2
Specialization : Marketing, Finance
1. The Department observed June 8th as World Oceans Day. An Inter department drawing competition was organized. The theme was “Our Oceans, Our Future”. The day was observed to encourage solutions to plastic pollution and preventing marine litter for a healthier ocean and a better future. A total of 12 students participated in the competition. Dr.R.Sathyadevi, Associate Professor & Head welcomed the gathering. Dr.M.Saravanan, Assistant Professor briefed about the competition. The department faculty members were present on the occasion.
2. A seminar on “Benefits of GST implementation in India” was organized on Thursday, the 15th June 2017. Dr.P.Radhakrishnan, Associate Professor & Head, Sree Narayana Guru Institute of Management Studies, Coimbatore was the resource person. He urged the need for GST and he pointed out that the reform will bring about an increase in the GDP by a percentage or even more. Dr.R.Sathyadevi, Associate Professor & Head welcomed the gathering. The department faculty members were present on the occasion. A total of 150 students attended the seminar.
- Arranged an Outbound Training Programme for the students at Anaikatty on Saturday, the 2nd July 2016. A total of 60 students attended the training. 4 faculty accompanied the students.
- A Session on “Personal Grooming” was arranged for PG & final Year UG students on Friday, the 22nd July 2016. Dr.M.Saravanan, Assistant Professor conducted the session.
- Organised an Inter – Department Quiz Competition (Preliminary Round) for final year UG students of all disciplines on Wednesday, the 10th August 2016. A total of 26 teams participated of which 5 teams were qualified for the final round.
- An Inter Department Quiz competition was organized on 12th August 2016 on the eve of Independence Day celebrations. Dr.M.Saravanan was the quiz master.
- The 18th Inauguration of the Association was organized on 16th August 2016. Mr.A.K.Arun Prasath, Director, Astros Educational Institute, Coimbatore was the chief guest. He delivered a lecture on “Emotional Intelligence”.
- Organised an Inter – Department Quiz Competition (Final Round) for the selected teams on Wednesday, the 24th August 2016. Dr.M.Saravanan, Assistant Professor organised the competition.
- Organised an Orientation Programme on “IRDA and its prospects” on Tuesday, the 20th September 2016. The resource persons were Mr.Prasath V.R, Development Officer and Ms.SreeVidhya, Branch Manager, Life Insurance Corporation of India, Coimbatore.
- Organized a seminar on “Insurance – Boon or Bane” on 30th January 2017. The resource persons were Mr.M.G.Ramachandran, Chief Manager, A.Paramanandam, Asst Branch Manager – Sales, Ms. Sreevidhya, Branch Manager and Mr.V.R.Prasath, Development Officer.
- Logistician’s Week was organized between 06th February 2017 and 10th February 2017. Eminent Industrialists from Logistics field were invited and they shared their rich experiences with our students.
|1||06.02.17||Documentation in Logistics Management||Mr.M.Nagarajan, Director, Manasa Impex Services, Coimbatore|
|Career Avenues in Aviation||Mr.M.Karthikeyan, Senior Customer Service Assistant & Mr.Anand, Senior Cargo Service Assistant, Jet Airways, Coimbatore|
|Career Opportunities in Logistics & Shipping||Capt. S. Baskaran, Manager, Indian Institute of Logistics, Coimbatore|
|Inventory Management in Logistics & Supply Chain||Mr.R.Senthil Kumar, Team Leader, E.Com Express, Coimbatore|
|Supply Chain Strategy Alignment||Mr.S.Karthik Prabhu, Logistics Associate, SKS Freight Systems, Coimbatore|
- A Research Forum was organized on 10th February 2017 to intricate the research skills of the students. Karthik Menon – III B.Com IB, Shalu Swaminathan – III B.Com IB, Aiswarya – I M.Com IB and Dakshina.S – I M.Com IB presented research articles related to International Business and its areas.
- The I year B.Com IB students were taken for Industrial visit to Malabar Cements, Walayar on 17th February 2017. An interactive session was arranged with the officials of Malabar Cements and the students came to know about the functions of a public limited enterprise.
- The Valedictory function was organised on Wednesday, the 08th March 2017. The Chief Guest was Mr.R.Raja, Chief Career Architect, Spark Our Resources, Coimbatore. He delivered a lecture on “Attitude determines Altitude”.
Achievements by Staff:
- Dr.M Saravanan, Assistant Professor acted as a resource person during a rural camp “Swasthya 2017” organised by the PG and Research Department of Social Work on 20th February 2017. He gave a motivational talk to High school students.
Achievements by Students:
- Ajith Kumar.A of II B.Com (IB) and his friend has developed several apps for android phone users and the apps have received world wide recoginition. Some of which are
- SNGC : It is an Android Application for Student and Staffs, to Share news, events and more things. By using this Application we can keep the students Updated.
- Sticky NOTES : Sticky Notes is our very new app which is released at 3rd of November 2016. A Simple app with Powerful Features at Android Platform.
Blue Light Filter PRO:
- Blue Light Filter is our first app that we launched in google play. Blue light Filter helps to protect our eyes from blue light that coming from phone, saves battery around 15% also we have 6 colors for reading mode.
- To work with pdf files we had created this application. This app is very simple this performs 6 different works. They are – Create PDF Documents from Images, We Can Write Our Own PDF Document, Extract Images from PDF Document, Merge 2 PDF Files to Single PDF File, Convert Text Files to PDF Document, Convert PDF Document to Text Files. This app got 2500+ downloads and supports 18 International Languages… and 1st place in Google Play Search ranking…
Sivavakkiyam and 63 Nayanmars:
This app reached more than 5000 downloads with 4.9 Ratings in short period… Sivavakkiyam is a Siddhas Song with its meanings. 63 Nayanmars Contains Story’s with their Images. 63 Nayanmars was launched on 12-10-2016.
- Karthik Menon, and Sujith Sasi.M of III B.Com (IB) participated in Adzap and won 1st place organized by PSG Arts & Science College, Coimbatore held on 24th February 2017.
- Nithin B of I B.Com (IB) participated and secured 3rd place in 50 M Butterfly swimming during the Inter – Collegiate Tournaments, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore and secured 3rd place in Event: 200 M Individual Medley held on September 1, 2016 at Bharathiar University College, Erode.
- Rashif P.N, Salman Faris, Shifin of I M.Com (IB) Abdul Azeez U.P, Fayiz, Noufal, Anandu Boban of II B.Com (IB) and Mohammed Shahid, Amjad Khan A.K of I B.Com (IB) secured 3rd place in the Football tournament, C Zone, held on 9th September 2016 at Nehru Arts & Science College, Coimbatore.
- Rashif P.N, Salman Faris, Shifin of I M.Com (IB) Abdul Azeez U.P, Fayiz, Noufal, Anandu Boban of II B.Com (IB) and Mohammed Shahid, Amjad Khan A.K of I B.Com (IB) secured 3rd place in the Football tournament, held between 08th and 10th February 2017 at Bishop Heber College, Trichy.
- Ashick Anil of I B.Com (IB), secured 1st place in 200 M Running Race below 19 years category on the eve of Sree Narayana Guru Jayanthi Competitions.
- Ashick Anil of I B.Com (IB), secured 3rd place in 100 M Running Race below 19 years category on the eve of Sree Narayana Guru Jayanthi Competitions.
- Ashick Anil of I B.Com (IB) secured second place in Long Jump Below 19 years category on the eve of Sree Narayana Guru Jayanthi Competitions.
- Anandu Boban, II B.Com (IB) secured first place in Short Put Below 19 years category on the eve of Sree Narayana Guru Jayanthi Competitions.
- Noufal P.N of II B.Com (IB) secured 3rd place in 400 M Running Race below 19 years category on the eve of Sree Narayana Guru Jayanthi Competitions.
University ranks (inception) UG: 3 PG: 11