Department: International Business
Year of Establishment: MIB / M.Com (IB) – 1999 B.Com (IB) – 2013
- B.Com. IB
- M.Com. IB
The Department has 5 class rooms and a department library with more than 250 text books and 15 e – books.
Value Added Courses
- MoU signed with Park Business Services for Value Added Courses on “Tally Certificate Program” on 14-06-2019.
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : 9943437749
Experience : 18 Years 6 Months
Papers Published : State: 1,National: 2, International: 18
Seminars Attended : National: 6, International: 1
Conferences Attended : National: 10, International: 5
Research Guidance: M.Phil
Specialization : International Marketing
Convener, IIC, Newsletter, Finishing School & CDC
Co Coordinator of IQAC
Executive Member of ISO
Executive Member of College Planning Committee
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 9497870895
Experience : 4 Years 6 Months
Papers Published : National:2
Seminars Attended : National: 3, international: 3
Conferences Attended : National: 2
Specialization : Marketing
Member, Admission Committee, Youth Club
Email : email@example.com
Experience : 3 Years 6 Months
Papers Published : National:2
Seminars Attended : National: 3
Conferences Attended : National: 2
Specialization : Marketing
Member, Staff Club, Placement
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 8848923450
Experience:2 Years 6 Months
Papers Published : National: 1 International: 1
Conferences Attended : International: 1
Workshops: State: 1
Specialization : Marketing
Member, Bus Committee, Swayam
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : 7736564334
Experience: 2 Years
Seminars Attended: National: 2
Conferences Attended: National: 2
UNIVERSITY RANK HOLDER 2020
|1||1||Renjitha K A||B.Com (IB)||2013 – 2016|
|2||2||Sruthy Raj A||B.Com (IB)||2013 – 2016|
|3||4||Shefna H||B.Com (IB)||2013 – 2016|
|4||1||Shalu Swaminathan||B.Com (IB)||2014 – 2017|
|5||2||Sruthi N||B.Com (IB)||2014 – 2017|
|6||3||Nithya A||B.Com (IB)||2014 – 2017|
|7||1||Kousalya N||B.Com (IB)||2015 – 2018|
|8||2||Soundarya K||B.Com (IB)||2015 – 2018|
|9||3||Shobith M||B.Com (IB)||2015 – 2018|
|10||5||Akshay Dev A D||B.Com (IB)||2015 – 2018|
|11||6||Krishnaveni S||B.Com (IB)||2015 – 2018|
|12||7||Anju B||B.Com (IB)||2015 – 2018|
|13||8||Vrinda S||B.Com (IB)||2015 – 2018|
|14||1||Prakasini K||B.Com (IB)||2016 – 2019|
|15||2||Safiya S||B.Com (IB)||2016 – 2019|
|16||3||Jisha R||B.Com (IB)||2016 – 2019|
|17||4||Surya R||B.Com (IB)||2016 – 2019|
|18||5||Ajith T||B.Com (IB)||2016 – 2019|
|19||6||Gopika H||B.Com (IB)||2016 – 2019|
|20||I||Prathibha K||B.Com (IB)||2017 – 2020|
|21||II||Shanthini S||B.Com (IB)||2017 – 2020|
|22||III||Rinusha Fathima||B.Com (IB)||2017 – 2020|
|23||IV||Mrindu M||B.Com (IB)||2017 – 2020|
|24||VI||Rajeevan R||B.Com (IB)||2017 – 2020|
|25||VII||Harris K H||B.Com (IB)||2017 – 2020|
|1||5||Sini Abraham||M.Com (IB)||2001 – 2003|
|2||7||Praveena M||M.Com (IB)||2002 – 2004|
|3||8||Praveen S||M.Com (IB)||2004 – 2006|
|4||3||Savitha T A||M.Com (IB)||2005 – 2007|
|5||6||Nitha K Thomas||M.Com (IB)||2007 – 2009|
|6||10||Dhanya V||M.Com (IB)||2007 – 2009|
|7||5||Mini V||M.Com (IB)||2008 – 2010|
|8||3||Nayana K V||M.Com (IB)||2009 – 2011|
|9||7||Greeshma K||M.Com (IB)||2009 – 2011|
|10||1||Sailekha||M.Com (IB)||2013 – 2015|
|11||2||Jessy A||M.Com (IB)||2013 – 2015|
|12||7||Amritha B||M.Com (IB)||2015 – 2017|
|13||1||Renjitha K A||M.Com (IB)||2016 – 2018|
|14||2||Shafiya S||M.Com (IB)||2016 – 2018|
|15||2||Shalu Swaminathan||M.Com (IB)||2017 – 2019|
|16||4||Adarsa K||M.Com (IB)||2017 – 2019|
|17||6||Nithya A||M.Com (IB)||2017 – 2019|
|18||9||Sruthy M||M.Com (IB)||2017 – 2019|
|19||I||Silpa Prabhakaran||M.Com (IB)||2018 – 2020|
|20||VII||Nithisha T J||M.Com (IB)||2018 – 2020|
|21||VIII||Soundarya K||M.Com (IB)||2018 – 2020|
|22||X||Shobith M||M.Com (IB)||2018 – 2020|
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) organized a Virtual Meet on “Trade Obligations through Customs Compliance” on Monday, the 26th July 2021 through Google Meet Platform at 02:00 PM. The Resource Person was Mr N Vijayakumar, Director, PVR & Co., Chennai. He gave a detailed presentation on the Customs Compliance to be followed both during export & Import. He also briefed about the need for Intellectual Property Rights and its importance in International Trade. He narrated about the HSN classification which brings uniformity in classifying Export & Import commodities with examples. It was an eye opener for students as it was an interesting presentation by the speaker.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) organized a Student Development Program on “Jai Ho” on Wednesday, the 30th June 2021 through Google Meet Platform at 10:30 AM. The Resource Person was Mr Krishna, President – Acharya Ayurveda Foundation, Founder – AskKrishna Centre for Mindfulness (P) Ltd., Coimbatore. He said student days are the most important part of upbringing in one’s life. The syllabus/ activities which are important aspect of the curriculum leave a vacuum for the development of certain qualities. These qualities form to be very influential in framing the personality of the student and demands equal share of concentration and efforts. He also emphasized that successful students know how to focus on their studies when it matters while also taking breaks when they need them. They can manage their time wisely, stick to meaningful study schedules, and make the most of their time in the classroom.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) organized a Virtual Meet – Why Study IB? on Friday, the 02nd July 2021 through Google Meet Platform at 10:30 AM. The Resource Person was Mr Bennet Jay Ragland, Krishna, Founder & Executive Director – Bee Jay aaR Group. He said business in today’s digitally connected world is increasingly global and many international business graduates work in a variety of sectors. He also added the 6 essential qualities students will possess if they choose International Business program. He also briefed about the course details, career options and skill sets of the International Business program.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) organized a Series of Presentation on Saturday, the 19th June 2021 at 11:00 am through Google Meet Platform. Mrs Sowmiya R, I M.Com (IB) presented on "Theories of International Trade". In her presentation she briefed about the concepts of International Trade and various theories associated with it. Mr Binil V, I M.Com (IB) presented on "Education during the present Pandemic Time". He emphasized about the present education system during the Covid Pandemic and the various issues related to it. Finally Ms Harsha S, I M.Com (IB), presented on "Fundamentals of Management Accounting”. She narrated about the concepts, definition, functions of Management Accounting and also discussed the importance of it.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) organized a Presentation on “INCO TERMS – A Glance”, on Wednesday, the 16th June 2021 through Google Meet Platform. Mr G Gokul, I B.Com (IB), Department of Commerce (IB), Sree Narayana Guru College, Coimbatore presented the above topic. He briefed that Inco terms are internationally accepted commercial terms which was developed in 1936 by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) in Paris. He narrated the definition saying the respective roles of the buyer and seller in the agreement of transportation and other responsibilities and clarify when the ownership of the merchandise takes place.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) organized a Two Day National Workshop on Saturday, the 14th June 2021 at 10:30 am through Google Meet Platform. Being the second day, the Resource Person was Mr Gautham Shanmugam, Founder – Bureaucrats Academy, Chennai, Tamilnadu. He spoke on the easy ways to excel in competitive exams and job interviews. He insisted that to crack any competitive exams, one has to understand the pre-requisites for the examination. Before appearing for the examination, one should completely review syllabus of the exam, various subjects, weightage given to each subject, so that he / she can plan their study accordingly. A look at the previous years’ questions papers of the exam may also help them to get an idea about the exam pattern. He urged that long hours of meticulous study is not always necessary but whenever you study, try to maintain a complete focus that even a cyclone cannot distract you.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) organized a Two Day National Workshop on Saturday, the 12th June 2021 at 02:30 pm am through Google Meet Platform. Being the first day, the Resource Person was Dr K V Rama Murthy, Head & Associate Professor, Department of Management, Mother Teresa Insitute of Engineering & Technology, Khammam, Telengana State. He spoke on the importance of Entrepreneurship for International Business students. He elaborated that International business encompasses a full range of cross-border exchanges of goods, services, or resources between two or more nations. Entrepreneurship is the recognition of opportunities (i.e., needs, wants, problems, and challenges) and the use or creation of resources to implement innovative ideas.
He briefed that Entrepreneurs can translate their ideas into action with management and leadership skills. He also highlighted the causes of failures of Entrepreneurship.
- Department of Commerce (International Business) organized an E Quiz in connection with World Oceans Day on Tuesday, the 08th June 2021. The Quiz competition was open to all. On the successful completion of the Quiz, Certificate of Appreciation was issued to all the participants who scored above 50%.
- Institution’s Innovation Council & Departments of Commerce IB & CA jointly organized a Session on Business Model on Thursday, the 29th April 2021 at 11:00 am through Google Meet. The Resource Person was Dr Binu Jacob, CEO – Kapikapa Trading, Kerala. He said business model is a shared language for describing, visualizing, assessing and changing business models. He added that Business Model describes the rationale of how an organization creates, delivers and captures value.He also empha sized that using the Business Model will lead to insights about the customers you serve, what value propositions are offered through what channels, and how your company makes money. It can also be used to understand your own business model or that of a competitor.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) organized a Corporate Alumni Engagement Meet on Thursday, the 22nd April 2021 at 11:00 am through Google Meet. The Resource Persons were Mr S Karthick, Notable Alumni – MIB (2013 – 2015 Batch), Market Analyst, Inchcape Shipping Services, Chennai and Ms K Prathibha, Notable Alumni – B.Com (IB) (2017 – 2020 Batch), Accounts Receivable Executive, CMA CGM, Chennai. The Program was meant for final year UG students of all discipline. Many students enthusiastically participated in the program. The Resource Persons spoke about the prospects and avenues of choosing International Business Stream and highlighted the exposure one gets when selecting International Business as a career.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) organized an E Quiz in connection with International Women’s Day on Monday, the 08th March 2021 at 11:00 am. The Quiz competition was open to all. Certificates were issued to all the participants who scored above 50%. More than 300 Participants took part in the competition.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) is organizing a State level Webinar in connection with International Women’s Day on “Dynamism of Women in Aviation” on Monday, the 08th March 2021 at 11:00 am through Google Meet Platform. The Resource Person is Ms Shalu Swaminathan, Notable Alumni (2014 – 2019 Batch), Customer Agent, Air India, Cochin International Airport, Nedumbassery. She said that the new economic policy of India paved way for the extensive development of Indian Airline industry. She emphasized that for many years the Airline industry has been perceived as the highly male-dominated industry. This phenomenon is found highly significant in Indian Airline industry. She also made a note that the role played by the female employees has not been worth mentioning. Most of the female employees in the industry are visible in cabins. All most all core jobs have been performed by males. She urged that today the entire scenario is slowly changing and industry is undergoing dynamic changes. The industry is inviting services of female employees into their core operations like aircraft engineering, flying etc. They are playing a great role from cabin to cockpit. Even women are showing high interest to pursue their careers as aircraft engineers and pilots.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) organized a Webinar on “Relevance of Technology in Education ” on Thursday, the 25th February 2021 at 02:00 pm through Google Meet Platform. The Resource Person was Ms. Anandhi. R, Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce (Computer Application), Mar Thoma College for Women, Perumbavoor. She emphasized that even though many prefer to utilize conventional teaching methods, there are massive possibilities with the adoption of technology. Such advancements are empowering tutors to create a more impactful learning experience for the young in the education system. She insisted that the relevance of technology in education is the capability of reaching more learners efficiently and effectively. She also added that simplified access to educational resources, improving the learning experience and helping students to prepare for their future careers were some of the reasons why students should need technology in Classroom.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) organized a Webinar on “Millets – Nutri Cereals – Emerging Superfoods to achieve Food & Nutritional Security & it’s scope in India” as a part of Sree Narayana Guru Endowment Lecture Series on Monday, the 15th February 2021 at 11:00 am through Google Meet Platform. The Resource Person was Mr. B. Suresh, Retd. Joint Director, Department of Agriculture, Government of Kerala, Palakkad. He said millets are often referred to as Superfood and its production can be seen as an approach for sustainable agriculture and for a healthy world. He also added that multidimensional benefits associated with millets can address the issues related to nutrition security, food systems security, and farmers’ welfare. He emphasized that many unique features linked with millets makes them a suitable crop which is resilient to India’s varied agro-climatic conditions. He insisted that millets are high in dietary fibre, nutri-cereals are a powerhouse of nutrients including iron, folate, calcium, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, vitamins and antioxidants and are not only important for the healthy growth and development of children but have also been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes in adults.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) organized a Webinar on “Cyber Security – Risks, Threats & Counter measures” on Saturday, the 06th February 2021 at 11:00 am through Google Meet Platform. The Resource Person was Mrs Uthara Kesavan, Information Security Analyst, Infosys Ltd., Bengaluru. She elaborated the meaning of Cyber security as the practice of defending computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks, and data from malicious attacks. It’s also known as information technology security or electronic information security. She also highlighted about Cyber security risk which is the probability of exposure or loss resulting from a cyber attack or data breach on your organization and how it affects the confidentiality, sustainability of an industry /individual.
- Sree Narayana Guru College & Confederation of Indian Industry, Bengaluru jointly organized an Industry Awareness Webinar on “Career Opportunities in the field of Logistics – Awareness & Discussion” on Thursday, the 04th February 2021 at 02:00 pm through Microsoft Teams. The Resource Persons were Dr K Bhanumathi, Chief Operating Officer, CII Institute of Logistics, Chennai & Dr Anita Kumar, Director, CII School of Logistics, Amity University, Noida. They elaborated on the job opportunities in the logistics sector that has evolved into a major business in the international arena. Dr Anitha explained the six R’s in Supply Chain Management. Dr K Bhanumathi delivered the importance of technologies which has played a big part in the field of Logistics. Dr. M. Ilangovan, Principal presided over the webinar. There were 87 participants from various courses who had participated in the session which ended with question and answer session.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) organized a Student Enrichment Program on “Innovation and Agility”” on Friday, the 27th November 2020 at 02.30 pm through Google Meet Platform. The Resource Person was Mr Mohit Saboo, Distributor – Garments, Kerala. He emphasized that Agility is the key to innovation and rapid adaptability – it acts as a catalyst in innovation processes. He illustrated that by using agile methods in innovation management, changes can be anticipated at a very early stage and successful products can be brought to market faster and with high quality. He also briefed that Innovation doesn’t come about simply through continuous improvement. Rather, innovation is generated when the norm is shaken up, and the status quo vastly and rapidly improved. Some companies attempt to transform themselves by turning to global consultants for an off-the-shelf technology upgrade, while others will acquire businesses in order to ascertain their knowledge and culture. Therefore, adopting an agile approach and mindset provides a foundation that enables a business to react quickly and flexibly to a new trend or situation, and to keep innovating in the process.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) organized a Student Development Program on “Know yourself before choosing your career” on Saturday, the 21st November 2020 at 10:30 am through Google Meet Platform.
The Resource Person was Mr Tamil Mannan S, Project Manager, Nucleus Software Exports Limited, Chennai.
He briefed that no matter what one’s career stage, it’s important to evaluate their personal goals, interpersonal skills, strengths, weaknesses and passions to keep their career development in line with their personality and interests. One must decide what is most important to him / her in their short- and long-term career development goals. It’s important to understand oneself so that one can find a career path that is rewarding and satisfying.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) organized a Webinar on “A Toolkit for Life” on Wednesday, the 11th November 2020 at 02:30 pm through Google Meet Platform. The Resource Person was Mr D Ganesh, Freelance Trainer. He highlighted the five important character traits that one must learn to develop to achieve success and a better life. They are Common Sense, Being good, Self Reliance, Intelligence and Result oriented.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) organized an Alumni Webinar on “Ship & Port Operations” on Friday, the 23rd October 2020 at 02:30 pm through Google Meet Platform. The Resource Person was Mr S Karthick (MIB 2013 – 2015 Batch), Market Analyst, Inchcape Shipping Services, Chennai. He briefed about the activities associated with ports include operation of vessels, cargo handling equipment, locomotives, trucks, vehicles, and storage and warehousing facilities related to the transportation of cargo or passengers as well as the development and maintenance of supporting infrastructure. He also gave an insight about the five major types of natural or man-made ports which are Inland port, fishing port, dry port, warm water port and seaport. He highlighted that among all these types of ports, seaports are the largest and busiest type of ports. This is due to the reason that seaport serves to both cargoes as well as passengers.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) organized its Inauguration and a spcial talk on “Importance of Supply Chain in Manufacturing Industry” on Thursday, the 22nd October 2020 at 02:00 pm through Google Meet Platform. The Resource Person was Mr Anoop Kumar Nair, Chief Manager – Global Supply Chain, Piramal, Mumbai.
The chief guest in his inaugural address, said in the supply chain management for the manufacturing industry, two assets are crucial to the success of the operation — time and money. He also added that Retailers depend on supply chains to quickly distribute costly products to avoid sitting on expensive inventories. Decrease in Production Cost will cost cost a company tens of thousands of dollars and so this factor makes supply chain management ever more important. He urged the importance of supply chain and added that having an efficient supply chain is a key factor of any well-functioning business, but supply chain management in the manufacturing industry is even more critical. He insisted that upon implementing an effective supply chain, manufacturers will see several benefits to their processes and overall operation. When facility leaders and upper management realize how to improve manufacturing efficiency through supply chain techniques, they will experience the following four benefits. They are Time saving, Money saving, Improving customer service & satisfaction and supporting company infrastructure.
- Department of Commerce (International Business) organized a State level Webinar on “Gearing up for Post – COVID Job Market” on Saturday, the 03rd October 2020 through Google Meet at 2.30 PM. Mr Biju Chandran, Manager – Communication & Branding, QuEST Global, Bengaluru was the resource person. He briefed that the post-COVID world would need to redefine the rules of office where technology offers adequate solutions for distributed, collaborative workplaces. In some cases, this flexibility even infuses greater productivity. At the same time, joining the gig economy increases employee vulnerability. Hence, this segment of the economy, so far outside the ambit of regulatory labour policies, now merits attention. He urged that the current crisis should force a discussion on the levels of social protection which should be available to gig workers including wage protection, health benefits and safety assurance. The placement cells of colleges and universities would need to reorient and focus on preparing students for freelancing opportunities, apart from regular campus placements. This warrants a reorientation of expectations for taking a solo plunge into the world of work.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) organized a State level Webinar on “Air Cargo Management”” on Wednesday, the 30th September 2020 at 02:30 pm through Google Meet Platform. The Resource Person was Mr S Balakumarayyan, IATA Approved Instructor & Head – Aviation Department, St Francis College, Koramangala, Bengaluru.
He briefed about the Airline Industry, the difference Between the Airline Industry and the Aviation Industry and explained about the different types of Airlines and also about the Airports. He also gave an insight about the Domestic Cargo handling procedures at the arrival and also at the departure point. He also narrated the International Cargo handling procedures at the Cargo Warehouse.
- The Alumni webinar with a special talk on “Acronym of Aviation” was organised on Wednesday, the 16th September 2020 between 11 AM and 12.45 PM through Google Meet. The Resource Person was Mr M.Karthikeyan, (MIB) 2009 – 2011 Batch, an expert from Aviation Industry. He briefed about the Airline Industry, the difference Between the Airline Industry and the Aviation Industry and explained about the different types of Airlines. He also gave an insight about the biggest Airline Companies in the World and about the four most important Business Models for Airlines. He also highlighted about the job opportunities in the Aviation Industry.
- Department of Commerce (International Business) organized a Webinar on “Campus to Corporate” on Friday, the 28th August 2020 at 11:00 am. The Resource Person was Mr Harish B.S, Deputy Chief Operating Officer – Human Resource & General Affairs, YASKAWA India. The webinar ensured that the new joiners understand the requirements for Campus to Corporate transition. The session helped the students gain understanding and practice of attitude, behavior & skills required in the corporate environment. The session encouraged them to proactively manage the transition from being student to employee; He also discussed the necessity of basic skills to manage time, goals and efforts to maximize personal effectiveness and productivity
- Department of Commerce (International Business) Organised LOGISTICIA ‘ 20, An E Quiz on Logistics Management on Monday, the 03rd August 2020. More than 1500 students participated in the E Quiz. On the successful completion of the Quiz, participants scored above 80% were provided with an E- Certificate.
Department of Commerce (International Business) organized a Student Development Program on “Road to Rashtrapati Bhavan” on Saturday, the 08th August 2020 at 11:00 am. The Resource Person was Dr Bennet Jay Ragland, Founder & Principal Consultant, Bee Jay Aar Consultants, Chennai & Madurai.
He highlighted the importance of teamwork and discussed of how to set realistic goals? He also emphasized the trials of leadership and illustrated the need for effective decision making.
- Department of Commerce (International Business) organised a Webinar on “Impact of Digital Marketing on Business Performance” on Friday, the 17th July 2020.
The resource person was Mr. K. Karthi, Digital Marketing Analyst, IPCS Global, Coimbatore He highlighted that Digital marketing is one of the strategies used by firms for marketing communication and products promotion. He also added that Digital marketing contributes to the marketing mix by connecting with clients and creating leads to new business opportunities. With the increasing levels of globalization, business organizations have faced significant competition in dynamic business environments. In this regard, most businesses have developed new technologies to improve their business operations and strategies, hence achieving competitive advantage.
He also emphasized that however, the use of digital technologies in marketing is debatable. Some social media networks, such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram have become important sites to create awareness for new products and services, communicate with existing and potential consumers as well as collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders to improve business performance. It is important to investigate the impact of digital marketing on carrying out the business in order to encourage organizations to take advantage of such new opportunities to achieve competitive advantage in the current competitive world.
- Department of Commerce (International Business) in association with ACS Capital Market Academy organized a Webinar on “Financial Wellness during Covid Times” on Saturday, the 04th July 2020 at 11.00 am.
The resource person was Mr.K. Thangaraj, Faculty – ACS Capital Market Academy, Coimbatore. He highlighted the avenues for savings and investment and also gave tips for Financial planning especially during the Covid crisis.
- A Two Day faculty development programme was jointly organised by Department of Commerce (International Business) & Research Committee on “Quantitative and Qualitative Methods of Research” on 06.06.2020 & 07.06.2020 (Saturday and Sunday) between 11.00 am and 1.00 pm.
Resource Person: Dr. Rekha B. Raveendran
Post Doctoral Researcher Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment. The first session was on Quantitative Research in which the characteristics, philosophical assumptions, types, goals and reporting of Quantitative research was discussed. The resource person emphasized the importance of Quantitative Research. The second session was on Qualitative Research in which the types, data collection and data analysis of Qualitative Research and the differences between Qualitative and Quantitative research was discussed.
- A Student Development Program was organised through Google Meet on “Test Anxiety and Stress Management in Lockdown Period”” on Sunday, the 24th May 2020 was arranged. The Resource Person was Dr. Rekha B Raveendran, Post Doctoral Researcher, Kerala State Council for Science, Environment & Technology. The Resource Person discussed about the physiological conditions in which people experience extreme stress, anxiety, and discomfort during and/or before taking a test. She also briefed the remedies and solutions to overcome the anxiety and stress.
- A Webinar on “Understanding International Business during Covid Times” on Saturday, the 16th May 2020 between 11 am and 12.30 pm was organized through Google Meet Platform. Mr Arun Prasad, Vice President – NHRD and Mr Antony, Marine Engineer were the Resource Persons. Mr Arun Prasad emphasized on the employment avenues for International Business students in the job market. Mr Antony discussed about the challenges faced by the logistics industry during Covid Times and the future of logistics industry and International Business domain. Both the Resource Persons had a good interaction with the students and it was an eye opener for the students. The students and faculty enthusiastically participated in the Webinar
- A Webinar through Zoom App on “Logistics Industry Today” on Monday, the 27th April 2020 was arranged. The Resource Person was Mr N Vijayakumar, Director, PVR & Co., Chennai. The Resource Person discussed about the present situation of Logistics Industry, the challenges faced by the industry, the measures to overcome the situation and also the future of Logistics Industry. It was an eye-opener for the faculty and the students and an apt topic during the Pandemic Covid 19 crisis.
- The first year PG students visited Vallarpadam Container Terminal (DP World), Kochi as a part of their Industrial Visit on Thursday, the 27th February 2020. They had a very good knowledge on Container Terminal Operations, Containerized Cargo handled and the formalities executed in the Terminal.
- Valedictory function was organized with a guest lecture on “Skills for Industry 4.0” on Wednesday, the 26th February 2020. Resource Person: Mr. Siju Rajan, Founder & Director – Advaith Academy, Kerala. He spoke on the skills like Technology ready, Leadership, Will Power, Team building etc., are required in the present context so that the students can be Industry ready.
- Organized a Workshop on Export & Import Documentation for the final year UG & PG students on 19-02-2020, 10.30 AM. Resource Person: Mr. N. Vijayakumar, Director, PVR & Co., Chennai. The students came to know about the types of documents used in foreign trade, its implications and how the documents can be filed and filled.
- The final year UG students were taken for an Industrial Visit to Cochin Port Trust, Willingdon Island, Kochi on Friday, the 14th February 2020. The students had a chance to interact with the officials and gained practical insight about the Port Operations, Major commodities exported / imported, Customs clearance formalities etc., Ms C Jissy, Assistant Professor, accompanied the students.
- The Department of Commerce (International Business) Organized a Workshop on “Vision Ur Goal” for the final year UG students on 11-02-2020. Venue: Conference Hall. Resource Person: Mr D Ganesh, Freelance Trainer, Trichy. He conducted the Workshop on Goal Setting, Working with an Action plan and related areas. He highlighted that goals must be SMART. He also added that time and resources must be productively used and focus on one’s efforts in order to be successful.
- Parents’ Teachers’ Meeting was organized. More than 35 Parents’ came for the meeting. Matters like Discipline issues, Result Analysis, Attendance Statement of the students during December and January, Administrative matters and action plan of the department were discussed. Reviewed the activities that were conducted during the Odd Semester.
- The I year & II year Undergraduate students were taken for an Industrial Visit to Malabar Cements, Walayar, Kerala. The students had an insight about the operations of the company, the manufacturing process, marketing activities, the packing mechanism.
- An Extension Activity was organized to create an awareness on the quality of Civic Responsibility among youths at C G Pudur Village, K.G.Chavadi on Friday, the 24th January 2020. Dr G Bijeesh Pushpa, Assistant Professor coordinated the event.
- The Departments of Commerce, Commerce CA & Commerce IB of Sree Narayana Guru College jointly organized a National Conference on “Changing Global Economic Scenario: Strategies for Business Sustainability” on Thursday, the 30th January 2020 in Vivekananda Hall.
Dr M Ilangovan, Principal delivered the Presidential Address. Dr D Kalpana, Director – Commerce & Management offered her felicitation.
Mr Balachandran Kodandath, Proprietor, Mythree Agri Solutions, Tamilnadu & Kerala delivered the inaugural address. He emphasized the current economic status of India and also added that a projected stabilization in energy and commodity prices may provide a small tail wind for resource rich economies in 2021, but the medium-term trend continues to be dominated by weaker growth in key inputs notably investment and labour supply.
Dr S Sivagnanam, Assistant Professor of Commerce, Government Arts College, Coimbatore handled the first technical session on “Emerging Business Models for Sustainability”. He narrated the six ways to build a sustainable business.
The second session was chaired by Dr K Byju, Principal, Allied Management College, Ottapalam, Kerala. He delivered a lecture on “Integrated Financial Markets in the Globalized Environment”. He added that the recent developments in financial markets are:Money Markets, Short-term Interest Rates, Government Bond Yields, Foreign Exchange Markets, Equity Markets, Derivative Markets and Exchange-traded Derivatives.
- The final year UG students went for an Industrial Visit to Haynes Technologies, Mysuru and Tour to Chikmangaluru and Coorg from 18-09-2019 to 20-09-2019 (3 Days).
- All India Teachers’ Day Contest – 2019 is organized by the Department of Commerce (International Business) in association with Park Business Services, Coimbatore. On the occasion of Teacher’s Day, an All India Contest for College Students, called the “Teacher’s Day – Best Message Contest – 19” is proposed to be conducted. The contest aims to encourage students to express their love and gratitude towards their teachers in the form of a message to them. As part of this nationwide drive to celebrate the contribution of teachers to the society, the contest is conducted.
- The students of Commerce (International Business Department) went to CG Pudur village, K.G.Chavadi on Friday, the 27th September 2019 between 1.30 pm & 3.00 pm as part of their extension activity and met the villagers. The talk was about the impact of the usage of plastic products and how to avoid plastics in our day to day life.
- An MoU signed with Ideal Centre for Competitive Exams, Chittur on 21-08-2019. Mr. Sayed Subahan, Director, Ideal Centre for Competitive Exams, Chittur exchanged the MoU with Dr. M. Ilangovan, Principal.
- Conducted Alumni Meet on Wednesday 14-08-2019. Venue: College Premises.
- Department of Commerce(International Business) organised its 21st Inauguration function of the Association on Wednesday, the 07-08-2019 in the Conference Hall at 10.30 AM. Chief Guest: Mrs. S. Chitra, Director, Annamalai Capital Services, Coimbatore inaugurated the function with a special talk on “Building a Career in Financial Market”.
- Organized a special talk on “Contemporary Business Practices in Kerala” as a part of the Commemorative Lecture Series in connection with the 25th Silver Jubilee Celebrations 24-07-2019. Chief Guest: Prof. S. Rajasekaran Nair, Secretary, Chetoor Sankaran Nair Foundation, Kerala.
- PG and II B.Com. IB students went to Industrial Visit on “Agri Intex 2019” on 12-07-2019 at Codissia Trade Fair Complex, Coimbatore.
- Signed an MoU with Mr. Satheesh, Annamalai Capital Services, Coimbatore on 12-07-2019.
- Final year UG students Went One day Industrial visit to Air Cargo Complex, Coimbatore International Airport, Coimbatore on 10-07-2019. Resource Person: Mr. Subramaniam, Manager, Air Cargo Complex interacted with the students and briefed about the operations of the Air Cargo Complex.
- Organized a Seminar on Prospects in Aviation Industry on 07-07-2019. Resource Person: Mr M Karthikeyan, Aviation Industry.
- Organized Orientation Programme on “Export & Import Management” on 01-07-2019. Resource Person: Mr. N Vijayakumar, Director, PVR & Co., Chennai.
- Signed MoU with PVR & Co., Chennai to provide training on the recent developments in International Business to the final year PG students.
- Organized Parents Teacher’s Meeting on 22-06-2019. Venue: Conference Hall.
- Orientation Program on “Tally ERP 9.0” was organized for the final year UG students on 19-06-2019, 1.30 PM. Resource Person(s): Mr Karthik Shankar, General Manager & Mr Joel Andrews, Manager (Team), Park Business Services, Coimbatore.
- Organized Orientation on “Employability Skills” on 18-06-2019, 1.30 PM. Resource Person: Dr. Samuel Churchill, Founder, Director, GETSETGO Training Solutions, Cbe. Venue: Smart Class Room.
- MoU signed with Park Business Services for Value Added Courses on “Tally Certificate Program” on 14-06-2019.
- Organized the Valedictory function with a guest lecture on “Innovation and Technological Leadership” on Wednesday, the 20th February 2019. Dr. S.Periyasamy, Senior Manager – Operations, EKARUP & Counselor – NISM (Mumbai) was the chief guest.
- IB Utsav – Eblouissants 2019 – An Inter Departmental Fest was organized on Friday, the 15th February 2019 in which Food fest and Games were conducted.Dr. M. Ilangovan, Principal inaugurated the function.
- The final year UG students were taken to Gedee Car Museum, Coimbatore on Friday, the 07th February 2019.
- Organized a National Conference on Commerce 360° (NCC 2019) in association with PG & Research Department of Commerce on Wednesday, the 06th February 2019. The Chief guests were Dr.Jegadeeshwaran, Associate Professor, Bharathiar University, Dr. V.A. Ajay, Principal, KR’s Sree Narayana College, Malappuram District and Dr.C. Saneesh, Assistant Professor & Head, NSS Vyasa College, Wadakkanchery.
- The I & II PG students were taken to Cochin Port Trust, Container Freight Station & Transworld Logistics Company Ernakulam on Monday & Tuesday, the 04th & 05th February 2019.
- Organized a Unique Grooming Training Programme with Ripe Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd., & The Hindu, Gillette and Microsoft on Monday, the 28th January 2019. The Resource Person was Ms.D.Sabareesh, Freelance Trainer.
- Organized a guest lecture on “Application of Tally ERP 9.0 in GCC Countries” on Monday, the 10th December 2018. The Resource person was Mr. Meyyappan Gandhi, Assistant Regional Manager, Tally Education Pvt Ltd., Chennai.
- Organized On Campus Interview for offering Part time jobs to I & II PG students on 12-10-2018. Resource Person: Mr.R.Raja, Chief Career Architect, Spark Our Resources, Coimbatore.
- Outbound Training Program at Corniche Inn Resort, Anaikatti on 29-09-2018 for II PG, III UG and II UG students.
- Industrial Visit to Precot Meridian Ltd., Walayar on 26-09-2018 for The II PG, I PG and I UG students.
- Organized Orientation Program on “Attitude towards Employability” on 11-09-2018, 1.30 PM. Chief Guest: Mr.R.Raja, CEO, Spark our Resources, Coimbatore.
- Organized an All India Best Message Contest – 2018 in association with Park Business Services, Coimbatore on the occasion of Teacher’s Day (05-09-2018).
- MoU Signed with Mr. Karthik Shankar, General Manager, Park Business Services on 30-08-2018, Coimbatore.
- Extension Activities on “Herbal Garden Cleaning” on 30-08-2018.
- Extension Activities to create awareness about the importance of breast feeding among rural women at C.G.Pudur village on 03-08-2018.
- Inaugural Function and Guest Lecture on “Growth in Logistics Industry” on 02-08-2018. Chief Guest: Mr. Guru Narayanan, General Manager – Operations, Lakshmi Cargo Company Ltd., Coimbatore. Venue: Vivekananda Hall.
- I UG, I and II PG students went for Book Exhibition at Codissia Trade Fair Complex, Cbe on 27-07-2018.
- Organized an Orientation Program on “Employability Skills” on 26-07-2018, 10 AM. Resource Person: Mr. Gokul Narayanan, Senior Manager, Deen Dayal
Upadhyaya Grameen Koushal Yojana, Quess Corp Ltd., Palakkad.
- Organized a Training Module on “Applications of Tally ERP 9.0” on 19-07-2018, 10 AM. Resource Person: Mr. Karthik, Sales Manager, Park
Business Services, Cbe.
- Organized a Training Module on “Mind Mapping” on 11-07-2018, 2 PM. Resource Person: Ms. Preksha R Doshi, Head of the Department,
Department of Psychology, SNGC, Cbe.
- Organized a Training Module on “Life Skills” on 03-07-2018, 10 AM. Resource Person(s): Mr. V. S. Praveen & Mr.R.Praveen, Corporate Trainers, Innovative HR & Training Services Pvt. Ltd., Cbe.