Year of Establishment: 1996
- B.Sc. Mathematics
- M.Sc. Mathematics
- M.Phil ( Full Time)
- Ph.D (Full Time) *
- 4 classrooms and 1 class room with LCD facility.
- Department Library
Department Mail ID: email@example.com
Value Added Course:
- Certificate Programming in Banking, Finance & Insurance
- Big Data Hadoop
Experience : 12 Years
Papers Published: International -15, Book Chapter-1
Seminars Attended: National-3, International- 6
Workshops Attended: National-2
Specialization: Topology & Graph Theory
Experience : 11 Years
Seminars Attended : National: 4
Workshops : State: 1
Specialization : Fluid Dynamics
Member in Alumni Association club
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 9894882656
Experience : 9 Years 11 Months
Specialization : Graph Theory
Member in Website & Placement Cell
Email : : email@example.com
Mobile : 9566827436
Experience : 4 Years
Seminars Attended : State: 1, National: 2
Member in Swayam & Admission committee
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 7092623764
Experience: 1 Year 6 Months
Paper Presented : National: 1
Seminars Attended: National: 3
Workshop Attended: National: 1
Conference Attended: National: 4
Member in YRC & Admission committee
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : 8870443413
Experience: 4.5 Years
Seminars Attended: National: 3
Workshop Attended: National: 2
|S.No.||Rank||Name of the Student||Course||Batch|
|1||I||Parvathy N.H.||M.Sc. Mathematics||2008-2010|
|2||VIII||Deepika G.||B.Sc. Mathematics||2009-2011|
|3||X||Princy J.||M.Sc. Mathematics||2010-2012|
|4||II||Supriya J.||B.Sc. Mathematics||2012-2015|
|5||IV||Arathy P.||B.Sc. Mathematics||2014-2017|
|6||VI||Dhanya P.||B.Sc. Mathematics||2014-2017|
|7||IX||Amirtha P.A.||M.Sc. Mathematics||2016-2018|
|8||IX||Dhanya P.||M.Sc. Mathematics||2017-2019|
|9||X||Femina Gracy M||M.Sc. Mathematics||2019-2021|
|10||X||Surya K P||M.Sc. Mathematics||2019-2021|
- Department of Mathematics organized a Guest lecture on “Applications of Graph theory in Real life” in the college premises on 18.05.2022. Dr. Akbar Ali M M Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Govt. Arts and Science College for Women, Puliakulam, Coimbatore delivered a lecture and he explained the role of graphs in various fields such as Computer coding and Applications, Chemical Sciences, Electronics system and Social media. Students and Staff members from various discipline also participated. Prizes were distributed to the students who won the competitions such as Sudoku and Quiz held on National Mathematics day.
- Department of Mathematics organized Parents Teachers meeting on 30.04.2022 between 9.30 am and 12.30 pm. Ms. D. Savithiri, Assistant Professor and Head interacted with the parents regarding the Student’s marks, Attendance, Academic performance and other activities. Parents discussed with teachers about their ward’s discipline and their performances in classes etc.
- Department of Mathematics conducted a Seminar on “Role of communicative English in real life and career” in the college premises on 25.04.2022. The resource person was Col(Retd) P. Jeyaraj, Director, Col’s Calibre, Coimbatore. He gave a lecture on the importance of Communicative English and it’s role in life and career. He motivated the students to improve their communication skill by reading news paper regularly and also he advised them to use the resources like online dictionaries.
- The Department of Mathematics organized Five day Online Faculty Development Program on Mathematics from 24th-28th January 2022 through Google meet platform successfully. The Resource Person for the Inaugural session was Dr. Ram Singh Senior faculty member of Department of Applied Mathematics BGSBU Rajouri. He delivered a lecture on Mathematical modeling and its Applications in Nature and Society. Four faculties from various colleges have delivered lectures in different topics for the next four days. The topics discussed in the program were Fuzzy logic and it’s applications, Introduction of Maxima Software, Beauty of Navier Stokes Equations and Application of Nano Topological Spaces. In all the five days more than 50 faculties were participated continuously in the program. They actively interacted with the resource person to get clear their doubts and got more ideas about those topics. All the sessions were very informative and will be useful for future research.
- In connection with 134th birth Anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan as National Mathematics day-2021, the department of Mathematics organized Competitions such as Sudoku and Puzzle solving on Tuesday (22nd December) for all I UG Students. There were more than 30 students actively participated in the competition and two of them have been selected based on their solving skills and time management. Prizes will be distributed at the time of valedictory function of our department.
- In connection with the National Communal Harmony week, Department of Mathematics organized Competitions such as Puzzle solving, Quiz and Sudoku on Saturday 27th November 2021 at Kinarpallam village. For school students from grades 6th to 10th, Mr. M. Sivakumar, Assistant Professor of Mathematics along with our UG & PG Students conducted the events. Sudoku and puzzle solving was conducted for the grades 6th to 8th. Preliminary test was conducted to select the team for Quiz. 9th and 10th standard students participated in Quiz. Prizes were distributed to the students who won the competitions.
- The Department of Mathematics organized a Webinar on “ Mathematics for Competitive Exams ” on 27th November 2021 at 5.00 pm through Google meet platform successfully. The Resource Person was Mr. R. Sankar, Centre Director, Newton’s Academy, Tirupur and JEE, NCERT Trainer, Vidhyasagar International Public School. He pointed out the job opportunities for mathematics in various fields in Government and private sectors. He gave an innovative ideas about how to face competitive examination also solved a lot of aptitude questions using some tricks and short cut methods. Students interacted with the resource person enthusiastically. They solved many problems given by him and got clarification about their doubts. Totally the session was more informative and useful for upcoming competitive examinations.
- In connection with the world Diabetes day, the department of Mathematics organized an extension activity on 14th November 2021. PG students from our department interacted with people from Kinarpallam village, Kerala and found some of the Diabetic patients. They instructed the Diabetic patients about the diet plan to be followed by them and asked them to do regular checkup. Also they explained the importance of physical exercises such as walking, yoga etc… to maintain normal sugar level.
- The Department of Mathematics organized a Webinar on “Communication: To improvize and remember at work place” on 13th November 2021 at 7.00 pm through Google meet platform successfully. The Resource Person was Ms. A. Aaziya, Assistant Professor, Marketing Department, Happy Valley Business School, Coimbatore. She pointed out the importance of communication and how it helps to understand a person or situation in a better way. She furnished a brief idea to increase the effective leadership skills, Strong decision making, Personal development and also gave many real life examples. The Students interacted with the chief guest and got a spark of Communication knowledge.
- The Department of Mathematics organized a Faculty Development Program on “ Maha Mantras For Versatile Faculty” on 11th September 2021 at 10.45am through Googlemeet successfully. The Resource Person was Dr. N. Rajakumar, Former Principal, NGM College, Pollachi & VLB Janakiammal College of Arts & Science, Coimbatore. He gave a brief explanation of importance of FDP and different methods assess FDPs effectiveness. It helps learners to maximize their potential at different stages , raise their awareness of strengths and areas for improvement. Also he discussed how to communicate and the purpose behind the communication. This have been an absolute amazing & enlightening Program. The function was presided over by Dr. M. Ilangovan, Principal. The faculty members of various colleges and various Departments participated.
- The Department of Mathematics organized a Webinar on “ Metric Space and Topology ” as part of our Sree Narayana Guru Commemorative Lecture Series on 31st August 2021 at 2.00pm through Microsoft Teams successfully. The Resource Person was Dr. V. Jeyanthi, Head Department of Mathematics, Sri Krishna Arts and Science College(Autonomous), Kovaipudhur. She started to explain the basic definition from metric spaces. She gave a detailed explanation of the topic and it’s related topics. She also gave many real life examples which we are using in day today life. She interacted with the students and cleared their doubts.
- The Department of Mathematics and Youth Red Cross organized a Webinar “Positive Thinking” on 23rd August 2021 at 3.00pm through Google Meet Platform successfully. The Resource Person was Mr. J. Dunomine, Administrative Officer, Devasenam Erudhaya Ammal Polytechnic College, Vembar. He started the session with some riddles which made the participants more interesting and interactive. He discussed about how to think positive, to overcome the negative thoughts and to activate the positivity. He also gave many real life examples which paved a way how our thoughts should be. He concluded his session with the famous quote of Swami Vivekananda “Arise, awake and Stop not till the goal is reached”.
- The Department of Mathematics organized an National level Webinar on 3rd August at 3 pm successfully. Guest lecture was given by Dr. Binoy Balan K. , Professor , Department of Science and Humanities, Ahalia School of Engineering and Technology, Palakkad, Kerala. Topic of the lecture is “Writing tools for effectual Manuscript”. The function was conducted through Google meet. He explained what are the tools are used in Research like Matlab, Mathematica and Maxima. He gave the brief explanation about how to use those writing tools in Research and Engineering. And also gave the innovative ideas about the research for beginners.
- The Department of Mathematics organized an Endowment Lecture Series on “ Applications of Mathematics in various fields” on 15.02.2021 at 02:00 PM. Microsoft Teams was the platform for the webinar. The resource person Dr. Mrudula Ravindran, Head and Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, CMS College of Science and Commerce(Autonomous), Coimbatore delivered a very good lecture in various field of Mathematics. She highlighted an applications of Mathematics in day today life. Students got more idea about recent trends and applications of Mathematics in various fields.
- Department of Mathematics has organizedanAssociationInauguration –MATHGEN’20 on 19.12.2020 at 10:00am.Dr. N.Vishnu Ganesh Assistant Professor, Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda College, Mylapore, Chennai delivered the Inaugural address and gave a lecture on “ Real life Implementation of Mathematics ”.
- Department of Mathematics organized two day Faculty Development Program on Basics of R Programming on 04th & 5th of June 2020 through Google Meet. Dr. Vijeta Iyer, Assistant Professor, Department of Science and Humanities (Mathematics), Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu was the resource person. Basic concepts and ideas of R Language was presented along with some examples.
- Department of Mathematics organized five day online workshop on Mathematical Sciences for CSIR NET/ SET/GATE from 11-05-2020 to 15-05-2020 through YouTube. Dr. K. Karuppiah, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Government College of Engineering, Bodinayakkanur, Theni, Tamilnadu was the resource person and he elaborately explained the basic concepts and ideas.
- Department of Mathematics organized Webinar on Prime Distance Labeling of Graphs on 29.04.2020 at 11 AM through Google Meet.Dr. A. Parthiban, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Lovely Professional University, Punjab was the resource person and he elaborately explained the concepts and basics of Graph theory, Labeling and Distance Prime Labeling.
- The Valedictory function of Mathematics Association was conducted by the
Department of Mathematics on 05-03-2020. Dr. M. Ilangovan, Principal, SNGC, presided over the function. Dr. P. Sathishmohan, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Kongunadu Arts and Science College, Coimbatore delivered the valedictory address and gave a lecture on “Applications of Mathematics” and released the Department Magazine “Quintic 20”. Ms. P. Dhavamani, HoD(I/C) of Mathematics presented the Annual Report.
- The Department of Mathematics, Sree Narayana Guru College organized an Intra Departmental Competition “Extempore” (Geometrical Sketching) on 14-02-2020.
- The Department of Mathematics, Sree Narayana Guru College organized a Seminar on “A Journey through the theory of numbers” on 13-02-2020, 10.30 AM. Chief Guest: Ms. Mrudula Ravindran, Head & Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, CMS College of Science and Commerce delivered the lecture. She gave innovative ideas, recent trends in theory of numbers and also direct application of Number theory in various fields and day today life.
- The Department of Mathematics, Sree Narayana Guru College conducted an Intra Departmental Cultural Fest Xponent-19 on 03-10-2019. Embrace of competitions like Solo song, Solo Dance, Duet song, Group Dance which help them to improve their talents and make them enthusiastic.
- The Department of Mathematics, Sree Narayana Guru College conducted an Intra Departmental Competition Math Cultural Fest on 26-09-2019. Various competitions like Reminiscence, Arm Wrestling, Kahoot and Math Sketching which encourages the students to develop their ideas and skills.
- The Department of Mathematics, Sree Narayana Guru College organized a Seminar on “Awareness on Human Rights and Rights to Information” on 25-09-2019, 10.30 AM. Chief Guest: Mr. Narashimma Jainthan, Tamilnadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, (School of Excellence in Law), Chennai acted as the resource person. He spoke about the importance of Human Rights, It’s protect vulnerable groups from abuse, it’s encourage freedom of speech expression, it’s gives people the freedom to practice their religion, it’s encourage equal work opportunities, it’s protect the environment, etc., The Right to Information is a basic right that underpins good governance, democracy, poverty, eradication the practical realization of human rights.
- PG & Research Department of Mathematics conducted three days National Workshop on Mathematical Sciences for CSIR- NET/SET/GATE. Chief guests: Mr. Mujeeb Rahman. K, Assistant Professor, PSMO College, Malappuram, Kerala. Mr. A. Palanisamy, Research Scholar, Periyar University, Salem. Date: 03.09.2019 to 05.09.2019. Venue: Vivekananda Hall
- The Department of Mathematics, Sree Narayana Guru College organized an Intra Departmental Competition “Extempore” (Su-?-ku) on 30-08-2019.
- Launched “Certificate Programme in Banking, Finance and Insurance” on 06/08/2019. Venue : Conference hall, 1 PM. Chief Guest: Ajay Sathe, Group Head, Customer experience and CSR Bajaj Finserv Limited, Pune.
- Silver Jubilee Commemorative Lecture Series Lecture on “Careers in Mathematics and Opportunities for Students” on 26-07-2019, 10 AM. Chief Guest: Dr. PRAKASH PONNUSAMY, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, Coimbatore.
- Organized Inaugural function on 18-07-2019, 10 AM. Chief Guest: Dr. Lakshmy.K.V, Assistant Professor, TIFAC-Centre of Relevance and Excellance in Cyber Security, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore. Venue: Conference Hall.
- Organized an Intra Departmental Competition “Extempore 3” on 15-07-2019. A cooking Fest – Jile Pi
- Organized an Intra Departmental Competition “Extempore 2” on 03-07-2019. A Game on Kahoot.
- Organized Intra Departmental Competition “Extempore 1” (A Quiz on Kahoot) on 13-06-2019.
- An MoU with ATS to collaborate for “Big Data Hadoop”
- Organized Valedictory function on 05.03.2019 on the Title Applications of Differential Equations. Chief guest: S. Nareshkumar Head & Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, Sri Krishna Adithya College of Arts and Science, Kovaipudur, Coimbatore.
- Conducted a Magic Show on 28.02.2019.
- Conducted Food fest- Quick Buck on 28.02.2019.
- Organized National Seminar on “Innovative Trends in Pure and Applied Mathematics” on 11-02-2019 and 12-02-2019. Venue: Vivekananda Hall.
Dr. C. R. Jayanarayanan, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, IIT Palakkad, Kerala. Topic: Diagonalization of Matrices.
- Dr. V. B. Kiran Kumar, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Kerala. Topic: Matrix Representation of Operators on Vector Spaces.
Dr. Gnanambal Ilango, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Govt. Arts College, Coimbatore. Topic: Intuitionistic Topology.
Dr. K. Balachandran, Professor (UGC-BSR), Department of Mathematics, Bharathiar University, Tamilnadu. Topic: Recent Trends in Theory and Applications of Differential Equations.
Dr. Ganes. M. Pandya, Associate Professor, Department of Operations Management and Information Science, T. A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI). Topic: Atharva Milk Simulation Game for Finding the Winning Strategy to Maximize Sales
- Proceedings of ITPAM 2019
NATIONAL SEMINAR VIDEO
- Organized a State level Workshop on Latex on 18.12.2018. Chief guest- Dr. M. Mallikaarjunan Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, CBM College, Kovai pudur.
- Conducted an Intra Departmental Competition Maths Cultural Fest on 05.10.2018.
- Conducted an Intra department competition Extempore on 27.09.2018 on the Title What you like in your parent’s generation and what you don’t like.
- Organized a Paper presentation by M.Phil Students in the Research Forum on 19.09.2018.
- Organized an Extension activity on Awareness on Distance education on 10.08.2018.
- Inaugural function of Mathematics Association on 03.08.2018. Resource Person: Dr. S. Narayanamoorthy, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Bharathiar university, Coimbatore.
- Organized an Intra Department Competition- Extempore, Title- Women’s Safety on 26.07.2018.
- Organized Seminar on “Operations Research and Real Life” on 20-07-2018, 10AM. Resource Person: Dr. F. Hannah Revathy, Dean, School of Science &Humanities, Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
Venue: Seminar Hall.
- Conducted an Orientation Programme on Awareness on CSIR NET on 03.07.2018. Chief Guest: Sankar, Librarian, SNGC.
- The Valedictory function of Mathematics Association was conducted by the PG & Research Department of Mathematics on 13.03.2018. Dr. T. R. Krishnan Vice Chairman, Sree Narayana Guru Educational Trust, presided over the function. Dr. S. Kiruthika (Sr.Gr.), Assistant Professor, Amrita School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore delivered the valedictory address. Dr. K. V. Surendran Principal, Sree Narayana Guru College felicitated the function. Ms. Renu Thomas, HoD of Mathematics presented the Annual Report.
- An Orientation programme on “Blog Creation” was held on 28.06.2017 for the final year students.
- A Seminar on “Emotional Intelligence” was held on 04.07.2017
- A Seminar on “Continuous Function in Metric Spaces” was held on 12.07.2017. Dr M S Mutharasu, Asst. Prof., CBM College, was the resource person.
Students: 5 students were awarded with M.Phil. Degree during 2016-17.
University ranks (inception) UG: 3 PG: 2