Year of Establishment: 1996
- B.Sc. Mathematics
- M.Sc. Mathematics
- M.Phil ( Full Time)
- Ph.D (Full Time) *
- 4 classrooms and 1 class room with LCD facility.
- Department Library
Department Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Value Added Course:
- Certificate Programming in Banking, Finance & Insurance
- Big Data Hadoop
Experience : 11 Years
Seminars Attended : National: 4
Workshops : State: 1
Specialization : Fluid Dynamics
Member in Alumni Association club
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : 9894882656
Experience : 9 Years 11 Months
Specialization : Graph Theory
Member in Website & Placement Cell
Email : : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 9566827436
Experience : 4 Years
Seminars Attended : State: 1, National: 2
Member in Swayam & Admission committee
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : 7092623764
Experience: 1 Year 6 Months
Paper Presented : National: 1
Seminars Attended: National: 3
Workshop Attended: National: 1
Conference Attended: National: 4
Member in YRC & Admission committee
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 8870443413
Experience: 4.5 Years
Seminars Attended: National: 3
Workshop Attended: National: 2
|S.No.||Rank||Name of the Student||Course||Batch|
|1||I||Parvathy N.H.||M.Sc. Mathematics||2008-2010|
|2||VIII||Deepika G.||B.Sc. Mathematics||2009-2011|
|3||X||Princy J.||M.Sc. Mathematics||2010-2012|
|4||II||Supriya J.||B.Sc. Mathematics||2012-2015|
|5||IV||Arathy P.||B.Sc. Mathematics||2014-2017|
|6||VI||Dhanya P.||B.Sc. Mathematics||2014-2017|
|7||IX||Amirtha P.A.||M.Sc. Mathematics||2016-2018|
|8||IX||Dhanya P.||M.Sc. Mathematics||2017-2019|
- The Department of Mathematics organized a Faculty Development Program on “ Maha Mantras For Versatile Faculty” on 11th September 2021 at 10.45am through Googlemeet successfully. The Resource Person was Dr. N. Rajakumar, Former Principal, NGM College, Pollachi & VLB Janakiammal College of Arts & Science, Coimbatore. He gave a brief explanation of importance of FDP and different methods assess FDPs effectiveness. It helps learners to maximize their potential at different stages , raise their awareness of strengths and areas for improvement. Also he discussed how to communicate and the purpose behind the communication. This have been an absolute amazing & enlightening Program. The function was presided over by Dr. M. Ilangovan, Principal. The faculty members of various colleges and various Departments participated.
- The Department of Mathematics organized a Webinar on “ Metric Space and Topology ” as part of our Sree Narayana Guru Commemorative Lecture Series on 31st August 2021 at 2.00pm through Microsoft Teams successfully. The Resource Person was Dr. V. Jeyanthi, Head Department of Mathematics, Sri Krishna Arts and Science College(Autonomous), Kovaipudhur. She started to explain the basic definition from metric spaces. She gave a detailed explanation of the topic and it’s related topics. She also gave many real life examples which we are using in day today life. She interacted with the students and cleared their doubts.
- The Department of Mathematics and Youth Red Cross organized a Webinar “Positive Thinking” on 23rd August 2021 at 3.00pm through Google Meet Platform successfully. The Resource Person was Mr. J. Dunomine, Administrative Officer, Devasenam Erudhaya Ammal Polytechnic College, Vembar. He started the session with some riddles which made the participants more interesting and interactive. He discussed about how to think positive, to overcome the negative thoughts and to activate the positivity. He also gave many real life examples which paved a way how our thoughts should be. He concluded his session with the famous quote of Swami Vivekananda “Arise, awake and Stop not till the goal is reached”.
- The Department of Mathematics organized an National level Webinar on 3rd August at 3 pm successfully. Guest lecture was given by Dr. Binoy Balan K. , Professor , Department of Science and Humanities, Ahalia School of Engineering and Technology, Palakkad, Kerala. Topic of the lecture is “Writing tools for effectual Manuscript”. The function was conducted through Google meet. He explained what are the tools are used in Research like Matlab, Mathematica and Maxima. He gave the brief explanation about how to use those writing tools in Research and Engineering. And also gave the innovative ideas about the research for beginners.
- The Department of Mathematics organized an Endowment Lecture Series on “ Applications of Mathematics in various fields” on 15.02.2021 at 02:00 PM. Microsoft Teams was the platform for the webinar. The resource person Dr. Mrudula Ravindran, Head and Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, CMS College of Science and Commerce(Autonomous), Coimbatore delivered a very good lecture in various field of Mathematics. She highlighted an applications of Mathematics in day today life. Students got more idea about recent trends and applications of Mathematics in various fields.
- Department of Mathematics has organizedanAssociationInauguration –MATHGEN’20 on 19.12.2020 at 10:00am.Dr. N.Vishnu Ganesh Assistant Professor, Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda College, Mylapore, Chennai delivered the Inaugural address and gave a lecture on “ Real life Implementation of Mathematics ”.
- Department of Mathematics organized two day Faculty Development Program on Basics of R Programming on 04th & 5th of June 2020 through Google Meet. Dr. Vijeta Iyer, Assistant Professor, Department of Science and Humanities (Mathematics), Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu was the resource person. Basic concepts and ideas of R Language was presented along with some examples.
- Department of Mathematics organized five day online workshop on Mathematical Sciences for CSIR NET/ SET/GATE from 11-05-2020 to 15-05-2020 through YouTube. Dr. K. Karuppiah, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Government College of Engineering, Bodinayakkanur, Theni, Tamilnadu was the resource person and he elaborately explained the basic concepts and ideas.
- Department of Mathematics organized Webinar on Prime Distance Labeling of Graphs on 29.04.2020 at 11 AM through Google Meet.Dr. A. Parthiban, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Lovely Professional University, Punjab was the resource person and he elaborately explained the concepts and basics of Graph theory, Labeling and Distance Prime Labeling.
- The Valedictory function of Mathematics Association was conducted by the
Department of Mathematics on 05-03-2020. Dr. M. Ilangovan, Principal, SNGC, presided over the function. Dr. P. Sathishmohan, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Kongunadu Arts and Science College, Coimbatore delivered the valedictory address and gave a lecture on “Applications of Mathematics” and released the Department Magazine “Quintic 20”. Ms. P. Dhavamani, HoD(I/C) of Mathematics presented the Annual Report.
- The Department of Mathematics, Sree Narayana Guru College organized an Intra Departmental Competition “Extempore” (Geometrical Sketching) on 14-02-2020.
- The Department of Mathematics, Sree Narayana Guru College organized a Seminar on “A Journey through the theory of numbers” on 13-02-2020, 10.30 AM. Chief Guest: Ms. Mrudula Ravindran, Head & Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, CMS College of Science and Commerce delivered the lecture. She gave innovative ideas, recent trends in theory of numbers and also direct application of Number theory in various fields and day today life.
- The Department of Mathematics, Sree Narayana Guru College conducted an Intra Departmental Cultural Fest Xponent-19 on 03-10-2019. Embrace of competitions like Solo song, Solo Dance, Duet song, Group Dance which help them to improve their talents and make them enthusiastic.
- The Department of Mathematics, Sree Narayana Guru College conducted an Intra Departmental Competition Math Cultural Fest on 26-09-2019. Various competitions like Reminiscence, Arm Wrestling, Kahoot and Math Sketching which encourages the students to develop their ideas and skills.
- The Department of Mathematics, Sree Narayana Guru College organized a Seminar on “Awareness on Human Rights and Rights to Information” on 25-09-2019, 10.30 AM. Chief Guest: Mr. Narashimma Jainthan, Tamilnadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, (School of Excellence in Law), Chennai acted as the resource person. He spoke about the importance of Human Rights, It’s protect vulnerable groups from abuse, it’s encourage freedom of speech expression, it’s gives people the freedom to practice their religion, it’s encourage equal work opportunities, it’s protect the environment, etc., The Right to Information is a basic right that underpins good governance, democracy, poverty, eradication the practical realization of human rights.
- PG & Research Department of Mathematics conducted three days National Workshop on Mathematical Sciences for CSIR- NET/SET/GATE. Chief guests: Mr. Mujeeb Rahman. K, Assistant Professor, PSMO College, Malappuram, Kerala. Mr. A. Palanisamy, Research Scholar, Periyar University, Salem. Date: 03.09.2019 to 05.09.2019. Venue: Vivekananda Hall
- The Department of Mathematics, Sree Narayana Guru College organized an Intra Departmental Competition “Extempore” (Su-?-ku) on 30-08-2019.
- Launched “Certificate Programme in Banking, Finance and Insurance” on 06/08/2019. Venue : Conference hall, 1 PM. Chief Guest: Ajay Sathe, Group Head, Customer experience and CSR Bajaj Finserv Limited, Pune.
- Silver Jubilee Commemorative Lecture Series Lecture on “Careers in Mathematics and Opportunities for Students” on 26-07-2019, 10 AM. Chief Guest: Dr. PRAKASH PONNUSAMY, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, Coimbatore.
- Organized Inaugural function on 18-07-2019, 10 AM. Chief Guest: Dr. Lakshmy.K.V, Assistant Professor, TIFAC-Centre of Relevance and Excellance in Cyber Security, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore. Venue: Conference Hall.
- Organized an Intra Departmental Competition “Extempore 3” on 15-07-2019. A cooking Fest – Jile Pi
- Organized an Intra Departmental Competition “Extempore 2” on 03-07-2019. A Game on Kahoot.
- Organized Intra Departmental Competition “Extempore 1” (A Quiz on Kahoot) on 13-06-2019.
- An MoU with ATS to collaborate for “Big Data Hadoop”
- Organized Valedictory function on 05.03.2019 on the Title Applications of Differential Equations. Chief guest: S. Nareshkumar Head & Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, Sri Krishna Adithya College of Arts and Science, Kovaipudur, Coimbatore.
- Conducted a Magic Show on 28.02.2019.
- Conducted Food fest- Quick Buck on 28.02.2019.
- Organized National Seminar on “Innovative Trends in Pure and Applied Mathematics” on 11-02-2019 and 12-02-2019. Venue: Vivekananda Hall.
Dr. C. R. Jayanarayanan, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, IIT Palakkad, Kerala. Topic: Diagonalization of Matrices.
- Dr. V. B. Kiran Kumar, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Kerala. Topic: Matrix Representation of Operators on Vector Spaces.
Dr. Gnanambal Ilango, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Govt. Arts College, Coimbatore. Topic: Intuitionistic Topology.
Dr. K. Balachandran, Professor (UGC-BSR), Department of Mathematics, Bharathiar University, Tamilnadu. Topic: Recent Trends in Theory and Applications of Differential Equations.
Dr. Ganes. M. Pandya, Associate Professor, Department of Operations Management and Information Science, T. A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI). Topic: Atharva Milk Simulation Game for Finding the Winning Strategy to Maximize Sales
- Proceedings of ITPAM 2019
NATIONAL SEMINAR VIDEO
- Organized a State level Workshop on Latex on 18.12.2018. Chief guest- Dr. M. Mallikaarjunan Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, CBM College, Kovai pudur.
- Conducted an Intra Departmental Competition Maths Cultural Fest on 05.10.2018.
- Conducted an Intra department competition Extempore on 27.09.2018 on the Title What you like in your parent’s generation and what you don’t like.
- Organized a Paper presentation by M.Phil Students in the Research Forum on 19.09.2018.
- Organized an Extension activity on Awareness on Distance education on 10.08.2018.
- Inaugural function of Mathematics Association on 03.08.2018. Resource Person: Dr. S. Narayanamoorthy, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Bharathiar university, Coimbatore.
- Organized an Intra Department Competition- Extempore, Title- Women’s Safety on 26.07.2018.
- Organized Seminar on “Operations Research and Real Life” on 20-07-2018, 10AM. Resource Person: Dr. F. Hannah Revathy, Dean, School of Science &Humanities, Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
Venue: Seminar Hall.
- Conducted an Orientation Programme on Awareness on CSIR NET on 03.07.2018. Chief Guest: Sankar, Librarian, SNGC.
- The Valedictory function of Mathematics Association was conducted by the PG & Research Department of Mathematics on 13.03.2018. Dr. T. R. Krishnan Vice Chairman, Sree Narayana Guru Educational Trust, presided over the function. Dr. S. Kiruthika (Sr.Gr.), Assistant Professor, Amrita School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore delivered the valedictory address. Dr. K. V. Surendran Principal, Sree Narayana Guru College felicitated the function. Ms. Renu Thomas, HoD of Mathematics presented the Annual Report.
- An Orientation programme on “Blog Creation” was held on 28.06.2017 for the final year students.
- A Seminar on “Emotional Intelligence” was held on 04.07.2017
- A Seminar on “Continuous Function in Metric Spaces” was held on 12.07.2017. Dr M S Mutharasu, Asst. Prof., CBM College, was the resource person.
Students: 5 students were awarded with M.Phil. Degree during 2016-17.
University ranks (inception) UG: 3 PG: 2