Department: PG & Research Department of Social Work
Year of Establishment: 1998
Courses Offered :
M.Phil ( Full-Time)
No. of Classrooms: 4
No. of Department Library: 1
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 9944800192
Teaching PG: 14 Years 5 Months
TOTAL: 25 Years 10 Months
Papers Published : National: 30, International: 30
Seminars Attended : State: 5, National: 5, International: 5
Conferences Attended : State: 5, National: 7, International: 2
Workshops : State: 7, National: 4, International: 1
Research Guidance : M.Phil, Ph.D
Specialization : Community Development, NGO Management, Psychology, Human Resource Management
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : 09746224724
Teaching : PG : 2 Years 4 Months
TOTAL: 3 Years
Papers Published : International: 5
Seminars Attended : State: 2, International: 2
Conferences Attended : National: 2
Workshops : State: 5, National: 1
Specialization : Medical and Psychiatry
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 09786815894
Teaching PG: 2 Years
TOTAL: 6 Years
Papers Published: National: 8, International: 2
Seminars Attended: State: 1, National: 1, International: 2
Conferences Attended : State: 1, National: 4, International: 5
Workshops State: 5, National: 2
Specialization : Human Resource Management
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : 9048745035
Industrial Experience : 1 Year
TOTAL: 1 Year
Papers Published : International: 1
Seminars Attended : State: 1 National: 1 International: 2
Conferences Attended : National: 2
Workshops: State: 1 International: 1
Specialization : Medical & Psychiatry
- Organized Three day Residential Training Camp on “Techniques of Participatory Rural Appraisal” from 18.09.2018 to 20.09.2018 at Kadambur, Sathyamangalam. Chief Guest(s): Dr.S.Udhayakumar, Guest Faculty, Department of Social Work, Bharathiar University, Mr. R. Karnan Kamaraj, Director, TRED Solidarity Centre, Kadambur.
- Awareness on “Higher Education through IGNOU” on 11-08-2018. Venue: KG Pudhur.
- Guest Lecture on “MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES AMONGADOLESCENTS” on 10-08-2018, 11.30 AM. Chief Guest: Dr. SIJO GEORGE, Programme Development Officer, Centre for Wellbeing, SEESHA, Cbe.
- Department inaugural function on 10-08-2018, 11.30 AM. Chief Guest: Dr. SIJO GEORGE, Programme Development Officer, Centre for Wellbeing, SEESHA, Cbe.
- Organized an Awareness Rally in connection with “World Breastfeeding Week” on 07.08.2018, 10.30 AM. Chief Guest: Mr.S.Prabakaran, Sub Inspector of K.G.Chavadi Police Station, inaugurated the Awareness Rally. More than 200 Social Work Students and NSS Volunteers participated in the rally.
- Skills Based Training Programme on “SOCIAL ANALYSIS” on 03-08-2018, 10 AM. Resource Person: Dr.I.Maria Yesuraja, Associate Professor & Head, MSW.
- Organized General Medical Camp in association with Nataraj Hospital on 29-07-2018, 10.30 AM at C.G.Pudur near K.G.Chavadi, Cbe. Shri. Ettimadai A. SHANUMUGHAM M.L.A., Kinaththukkadavu Legislative Assembly Constituency, inaugurated the medical camp. More than 250 people participated in the General Medical Camp.
- Organized a Guest Lecture on “COUNSELLING TECHNIQUES” on 28-07-2018, 10.30 AM. Resource Person: Dr. J. Nicolas Benedict, Counselling Psychologist, Naveen Mental Health Hospital, Coimbatore.
- Organized Saplings Plantation in association with NSS on 27.07.2018, 9.30 AM. Shri. T. S. Harishkumar, Secretary, SNGET planted saplings in the college premises.
- Organized a Skills Based Training Programme on “COUNSELLING SKILLS” on 27-07-2018, 10.30 AM. Resource Person: Mr. K. Mahesh, Counsellor, YWCA, Coimbatore.
- Organized a Skills Based Training Programme on, “COMMUNICATION SKILLS” on 13-07-2018, 10.30 AM. Resource Person: Dr.A.J.MANJU, Associate Professor & Head, P.G. & Research Department of English.
- Organized an Awareness Rally on “World Population Day” on 10-07-2018, 10.30 AM. The Social Work Students and NSS Volunteers created awareness among the village people of C.G.Pudur near K.G.Chavadi, Coimbatore.
- Organized a Skills Based Training Programme on, “ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS” on 06.07.2018, 10.30 AM. Resource Person: Dr. M.Thangavel, Professor & Head, P.G. & Research Department of Microbiology.
- Organized a Special Motivational Talk on “COMPETENCY SKILLS IN SOCIAL WORK PROFESSION”, 02-07-2018, 1.30 PM. Chief Guest: Dr. D.Rajan, Former Professor & Head, Dept. of Social Work, PSG College of Arts and Science.
- Organized a Skills Based Training Programme on “OBSERVATION SKILLS” on 29-06-2018, 2.30 PM. Resource Person: Ms. Preksha R Doshi, Assistant Professor & HOD i/c, Department of Psychology. Venue: Seminar Hall.
- Guest Lecture on “Consequences of Drug Abuse” 26.06.2018, 10.30 AM, Seminar Hall. Chief Guest: Mr.R.Selvakumar Parthiban, Clinical Psychologist, Director, SAARAL Psychiatric Hospital, Coimbatore.
- MSW department and YMCA jointly Organizes “World Women’s Day” on 16.03.2018 at our college campus. Mr. T N Hariharan, District Collector – Coimbatore Inaugurates the function. Dr T R Krishnan, Vice-Chairman, SNGET presides over.
Click here for the invitation … MSW
- The PG & Research Department of Social Work of Sree Narayana Guru College, Coimbatore, organized the Valedictory Function of Association of Social Work on 14th March 2018 at Seminar Hall at 10.30 a.m. Dr. T. R. Krishnan, Vice Chairman, SNGET, presided over the programme. Mr. BLESSO J. YESUDIAN, Head, Department of Social Work, Vidyasagar College of Arts and Science, Udumalpet was the Chief Guest and delivered a Guest Lecture on, “The recent trends in Human Resource Managementand Social Work Profession”. Dr. K.V.Surendran, Principal felicitated the gathering. Dr. I. Maria Yesuraja, Associate Professor & Head, PG & Research Department of Social Work presented the Annual Report of the Activities of the Association of Social Work. Mr.Theertha A., Vice Chairman of MSW Association welcomed the gathering. Mr. Bellaro John Regan, Association In Charge, proposed a vote of thanks. The staff members of Social Work Department, Ms.Nikhitha, Ms.Nandhini Devi participated in the programme.
- The P.G. & Research Department is organizing “SRISHTI – MSW RURAL CAMP 2018”, on 13.02.2018 – 19.02.2018 at Mattathukadu, Attapady, Palakkad Dt, Kerala. Dr.T.R.Krishnan has consented to preside over the function.
- The Valedictory Function of Seven days MSW Rural Camp 2018 – “SRISHTI” at Mattathukadu, Attapadi, Palakkad (Dt) was held on 19.02.2018. Mr. Manikam, HM In charge, Government Tribal High School, Matathukadu, presided over the function. Rev. Fr. James, Administrator, AADI, Mattathukadu, was the Chief Guest of the programme. Dr.K.V.Surendran, Principal of Sree Narayana
Guru College, delivered the Valedictory Address. Dr.I.Maria Yesuraja, Associate Professor & Head, PG & Research
Department of Social Work, read out the report of the Seven Days camp. Ms. Nikhitha C.S., Asst.Professor, welcomed the gathering. Mr. Muhammed Femil P., I MSW, Students’ Coordinator, proposed the vote of thanks.
- On the 4th day (16.02.18), Friday, the I MSW Students organized a General Medical Camp at Mully. More than 50 Tribal people got benefited. Mr. K. Mahesh, Counsellor, YWCA, acted as a chief guest and delivered a session on, “Physical and Mental Health; Individual and Group Counselling” at Government Tribal High School, Mattathukadu. The Students performed a Flash mob at Anaikatty & Agali Bus Stand to create an Awareness on Conservation of Nature and Importance of Traditional Folk Dance.
- Organized a National Conference on, “Changing Trends and Challenges to Human Service Profession” on 09.02.2018. Dr.T.R.Krishnan, Vice Chairman of Sree Narayana Guru Educational Trust (SNGET) presided over the conference. Dr.K.Muralidharan, Former Professor & Head, Dept. of Social Work, PSG College of Arts and Science, inaugurated the conference. Dr. A. THIRUMOORTHY, Professor & Head, Dept. of Psychiatric Social Work, NIMHANS, Bangalore and Dr. K. ANBU, Department of Social Work, Pondicherry University were the Chief Guests. More than 250 Academicians, Practitioners, Research Scholars and Students participated in the National Conference.
- The Social Work Students of Sree Narayana Guru College observed the ‘Martyrs Day’ on 30th January 2018 at Rhythem Social Service Society for Women, Coimbatore. The Students observed two-minute silence in memory of Indian martyrs, paid tribute to Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi on his 70th death anniversary and gratefully remembered the countless freedom fighters who sacrificed their all for our Independence.
- Rhythem Social Service Society for Women and Department of Social Work jointly organized an one day Workshop on, “NGO Formation and Preparation of Project Proposal Writing” on 30.01.2018, Tuesday at 10.00 a.m. in Conference Hall, Rhythem Social Service Society for Women
- Two Day Research Workshop – entitled, “Social Work Research and Statistical Application Including SPSS” was organized by the Research Forum of P.G. & Research Department of Social Work, on 19.01.2018 at 10.30 a.m. in the Conference Hall.
Chief Guest: Dr.L.Ranjith, Assistant Professor & Head, Department of Social Work, NGM College, Pollachi.
- Inauguration of Students Welfare and Councelling Cell and Lecture on, “Challenges of Adolescents” on 30.08.2017, 1.30 PM. Chief Guest: Ms. J. AGNES FABIOLA, Counsellor, Seesha Hospital.
- Observed the World Humanitarian Day titled “Humanitarianism” at SNGC Social Work Extension Centre, C.G.Pudur on 19.08.17, 6.30 PM. Poem Writing Competition was conducted for the students on the topic, “Humanity”.
- Department organized and celebrated the 71st Independence Day with competitions in the adopted village, C.G.Pudur on 15-08-2017.
- Department organized a Guest Lecture on “Corporate Social Responsibilty (CSR)” on 04.08.2017, 10.30 a.m. at Seminar Hall. Chief Guest Mr. G. C. Shyamsundar, Manager, Publich Relations & CSR from ACC Ltd, Madukkarai.
- Department Inauguration and Guest Lecture on, “Management of NGO”.
Shri.A.S.Sankaranarayanan, Director, Native Medicare Charitable Trust (NMCT) on 18,July 2017 10.30 am at Seminar
- SNGC Social Work Evening Tuition Centre observed “Education Development Day” through Signature Campaign” on 15.07.17 at our SNGC Social Work Extension Centre.
- Department and Rhythem Social Service Society for Women jointly organized “Children Parliament Ministers Oath Taking Ceremony” on 08/07/2017 at Chinnaya Goundan Pudur.
- Department, YWCA Manoshanthi Family Counselling Centre and Seesha Hospital jointly organized “General Medical Camp” on 05.07.2017, between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. at C.G.Pudur.
- Department and Naveen Hospital for Mental Health, Coimbatore Organized Two Day National Workshop on “Social Research Process and Psychological Scale Development” on 13.07.2017, 10.30 a.m. at Seminar Hall.
- Social Work Department and Rhythem Social Service Society for Women, Coimbatore jointly organized “Children Parliament Ministers Oath Taking Ceremony” at Chinnaya Goundan Pudur on 08/07/2017 at 6 pm.
- Two Day Workshop on “Participatory Rural Appraisal Techniques” was conducted on 07.07.2017 & 08.07.2017 in Vivekananda Hall.
- Guest Lecture on “HIV Prevention among injecting drug users” on 30.06.2017, 11.30 a.m. at Conference Hall.
- Seminar on “Self Esteem” on 23.06.2017 at 10.30 am at Vivekananda Hall.
- The PG & Research Department of Social Work of Sree Narayana Guru College, Coimbatore, conducted a “General Medical Camp” in collaboration with Ahalia Hospital, Palakkad on 17.06.2017 at SWANTHANA, Vellachikulam, Kozhinjampara. (Old age home for the HIV infected people). Mr. Sunil, the PRO of Ahalia hospital, created awareness about Blood Pressure, Sugar, Ulcer. Dr.Vijayalakshmi from Ahalia hospital and Ms.Nikhitha C.S. Asst. Professor, Department of Social Work from Sree Narayana Guru College, represented for the Camp. 25 inmates got benefitted out of this General Medical Camp. Sr. Nirmala, Director of SWANTHANA, proposed the vote of thanks.
- The World Cancer Day was observed by the children who come for evening classes and computer classes to our Social Work Extension Centre by organizing a Rally at C.G.Pudur on 4th February 2017, Mr.Naveenkumar and Mr.Saravanakumar of II MSW, coordinated the rally.
- Department organized INAUGURATION OF SREE NARAYANA GURU SOCIAL WORK EXTENSION CENTRE on 02.10.2016, A. Shanmugam M.L.A, Kinathukadavu, presided and Inaugurated the Social Work Extension Centre.
- Department organized one day trip to Malampuzha Dam, Palakad on 21.01.2017, for the children who come for evening classes and computer classes to our Social Work Extension Centre, C.G.Pudur.
- Department organized INAUGURATION OF FREE COMPUTER LITERACY CENTRE on 02.10.2016, Dr. K.S.KrishnanUnni, Management Trustee, SNGET Inaugurated the Free Computer Literacy Centre.
- Department Organized International Seminar on, “Mentoring and Counselling Techniques in the Fields of Social Work Profession” on 21.12.2016.
- Two day workshop on, “Social Work Research and Statistical Application” on 03rd & 04th February, 2017.
- SWASTHYA -MSW Rural Camp was organized from 14.02.2017 to 21.02.2017 at Kozhinjampara.
- MoU Signing with 12 Reputed Industries, Hospitals &NGOs on 16th March 2017
- Dr.I.Maria Yesuraja, Asso.Professor and Head, has received “Shri.P.K.Das Memorial Best Faculty Award” from Nehru Group of Institutions on 07.12.2014
- Ms. Deepa.K ( 2001) SLET
- Mr.Abdul Azeez (2009- 2011) NET examinations
- Ms.Judith Joseph (2009- 2011) has bagged the best paper presenter award in the year 2010.
University Ranks: 32
- The department has produced so far 62 M.Phil scholars and 2 Ph.D scholars.