Organized One Day Trip to Sivagiri Mutt, Trivandrum and Chempazhanthy Birth Place of Sree Narayana Guru on 16-02-2019. Around 100 students visited the place.
Entrepreneurship Development Cell
Organized Workshop on “Textile Screen Printing” on 12-02-2019, 10.30 AM. Venue: Old Library Hall. Around 40 students from various disciplines participated and benefited. Resource Person: Mr. M. Rajavel, Raja Screen Printers, Theni.
Youth Red Cross
Organized Awareness Programme on “Cancer” on World Cancer Day 04-02-2019, 10 AM. Venue: C. G. Pudur. Around 40 students created cancer awareness to the village peoples.
Research Committee Organized a two day workshop on “Research Methodology and Data Analysis using SPSS package” for the research scholars on 27th and 28th November 2018. Resource Person: Mr. M.Jaganathan, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Karpagam Academy of Higher Education.
Research Committee Organized FDP on “Project Proposal Writing” on 22-09-2018, 10.30 AM. Resource Person: Dr. P. R. Padma, Dean, School of Biosciences and Professor Department of Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics.
Sree Narayana Guru Youth Club Inaugural Function on 06-08-2018, 10.30 AM. Chief Guest: Prof. K. Sasikumar, Principal(Rtd), SN College, Kollam and Secretary of Sree Narayana Educational Society, Kollam. More than 250 youth club members participated.
25th Batch Inaugural Function 2018
Sree Narayana Guru College celebrated Freshers’ Day on 09th July 2018. The freshers were welcomed by giving flowers by the second and third year students. Dr .K.V. Surendran welcomed the gathering. Shri T.S. Harish Kumar, Secretary, Sree Narayana Guru Educational Trust, presided over the function and delivered the presidential address. Shri M.P.Vijayan, Treasurer, Sree Narayana Guru Educational Trust, delivered the special address. All the HoDs gave a detailed account of their courses. Dr. M. Ilangovan, Vice Principal, proposed a vote of thanks.
Annual Day Celebrations 2018
The 24th Annual Day was celebrated on 17th March, 2018. Shri. Sunil Haridass, Chairman, Sree Narayana Guru Educational Trust presided over the function and delivered the presidential address. The Chief Guest, Dr. N. Raja Kumar, Principal, VLB Janakiammal College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore delivered the annual day address. Dr. T.R. Krishnan, Vice Chairman, SNGET, Shri. T. S. Harishkumar, Secretary, SNGET, Shri. K.A. Pankaj Kumar, Joint Secretary SNGET and Shri. M. P. Vijayan, Treasurer, SNGET, felicitated the gathering. Dr. K.V. Surendran, Principal, presented the Annual Report. Prizes and awards were distributed for the winners at the end of the programme.
Graduation Day 2018
Our College celebrated its 9th Graduation Day on 18th March, 2018. Shri. Sunil Haridass, Chairman, Sree Narayana Guru Educational Trust presided over the function and delivered the presidential address. The Chief Guest, Dr. Shantanu Bhowmik, Head of Research and Projects, Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering, Amrita University, Coimbatore delivered the Graduation day address and distributed the certificates. Dr. K.V. Surendran, Principal declared the Graduation Day Open. 524 graduates were awarded with degrees of which 27 bagged University Ranks. Shri. T.S Harish Kumar, Secretary, SNGET, Dr. T.R. Krishnan, Vice Chairman, Shri.M.P Vijayan , Treasurer, Shri.K.A. Pankaj Kumar, Joint Secretary, Vice Principal and Heads of the Departments were present on the occasion.
|Mr. M. Ramesh||Commerce|
|Ms. K.B. Jincy||Commerce|
|Ms. B. Suganya||English|
|Ms. V. Pradeep Kumar||English|
|Ms. S. Preethi||English|
|Ms. C. Jeevitha||Commerce|
Republic Day was celebrated in our college on 26th Jan., 2018. Shri T S Harish Kumar, Secretary, SNGET hoisted our National Flag.
On the 11th of January, 2018, Pongal Celebrations were conducted.
Inter-School cultural programme was organized on 14.10.2017.
Disciplinary Committee, SNGC
Disciplinary Committee organized Guest Lecture on “Crisis Management” on 20-06-2018, 3.45 PM. Venue: Seminar Hall. Chief Guest: Dr. G. Umashankar, Director, Jan Shikshan Sansthan, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India, Coimbatore
Two day Inter-collegiate cultural programme “CREDISE 2017” was organized on 12.10.2017 and 13.10.2017.
|Ms. N. Nirmala Devi||Biochemistry|
|Ms. D. Savithiri||Mathematics|
|Ms. G. Maheshwari||Computer Science|
|Ms. S. Shafiya||Business Administration|
- Inaugural Function and Seminar “Food Ethics” on 18-09-2017, 1.30 PM. C hief Guest: Mr. R. Sankara Narayanan, Managing Trustee, Inaikum Kaigal, Coimbatore.
- Inaugural function- DO’S AND DON’T’S on 11/08/16 at Vivekananda Hall by Dr.Devi Premnath, Associate Professor, SNGIMS.
- Valedictory function-“Behaving Ethically-The Tone at the Top” on 09/03/2017 at Conference Hall by Dr.P.Ponmeenakshi, Associate Professor, SNGIMS.
|Ms. B. Vidya||Commerce|
- Planted nearly 100 saplings in and around the campus.
- Inaugurated the committee in association with nature club on 31.08.16.
- Cleaned the campus in association with nature club and NSS.
- Conducted an awareness rally on “Plastic Free Campus” on 13th Feb- 2017.
MEDIA and PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB
|Mr. R. Jeyaprakash||Physical Director|
|Mr. M. Mahesh kumar||Commerce|
|Mr. V. Pradeepkumar||English|
- Inauguration by Dr. Radha , Head , Department of VISCOM, Dr.G.R.D College of Science,Coimbatore
- PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
- Valedictory by Dr. P.Jayakumar, Associate Prof, SNGIMS, Coimbatore.
|Ms. V. Vidhya||Commerce|
|Dr. M.A. Rathi||Biochemistry|
|Dr. K. Narayanasamy||Biochemistry|
|Dr. A. Vijayachitra||Microbiology|
|Ms. D. Priyadarshini||Computer Science|
|Ms. G. Nandhini||Mathematics|
|Mr. M. Manikandan||Biotechnology|
- Inauguration of Science Club and a seminar on “An Overview of Cancer” on 21.09.2016 at Vivekananda Hall at 2.00 pm by V.K. Gopalakrishnan, Professor and Head, Dept. of Biochemistry, Karpagam University, Coimbatore-641 021.
WOMEN EMPOWERMENT CELL
|Ms. Renu Thomas||Mathematics|
|Ms. R. Kasthuri||Business Administration|
|Ms. K. K. Sukanya||Social Work|
Women Empowerment Cell Organized seminar on “Empowering Young Minds” on 11-10-2018, 10.30 AM. Resource Person: Adv. Ms. Kavitha Rajagopal, BBA, ML, District Legal Service Authority, Coimbatore. Venue: Seminar Hall. More than 150 students participated in this programme.
Recent Activities (2017-18):
- A Guest lecture on “Basics in Cancer Care” was organised on 15.02.2018 at 2. 00 p.m. The Chief Guest for the programme was Dr. Varadarajan Kumar, MBBS, MRCP (UK)., FRCR (UK).,Consultant Medical and Radiation Oncologist,
Kovai Medical Center Hospital,Coimbatore.
- Guest lecture on “Basics in Cancer Care” Date: 15.02.2018 at 2. 00 p.m. Chief Guest: Dr. Varadarajan Kumar, MBBS, MRCP (UK)., FRCR (UK)., Consultant Medical and Radiation Oncologist,
Kovai Medical Center Hospital,
- Inauguration of Women Empowerment Cell on 30th August 2016 by Dr. D. Parasakthi, Head, of Commerce with Corporate Secretaryship, Dr. N G P College of Arts & Science, Coimbatore and presented a lecture on Does the equal half has the equal rights.
- Guest lecture cum workshop on “Kalari – an art for health and self-defence for Women”, by Mr. C. Muralidharan, Trainer, CVN Kalari, Puthur, Palakkad on 31st January 2017, 30 p.m.
- Special lecture on the topic Personality grooming for girls by Mrs. Harini Priyadharshini, PRO & Trainer, Hindustan Lever Ltd. Rexona Products, on 11th Feb 2017, 30 p.m.
- Valedictory function on the title Adoring the artistic values in Women by Mrs. Sasmitta K Aroraa, Directress, SHANKARAM – Institute for Music and Dance, Coimbatore, on 8th March 2017, 10. 30 a.m.
- Awareness rally on “Gender equality” on 8th March 2017, 2.30 p.m.
SREE NARAYANAGURU YOUTH CLUB
|Mr. J. Santhosh||Computer Science|
|Mr. S. Vinuchakravarthy||Chemistry|
|Ms. Krishna S. Prasad||English|
|Ms. N. J. Jisitha||Microbiology|
On 16th of August, 2017, the inauguration of Sree Narayana Guru Youth Club. The chief guest of the function, Sri. SatChidAnanda Saraswati, Co-Founder, House of Gem of Though, Coimbatore, delivered the inaugural address.
- Inauguration of Sree Narayana Guru Youth Club on 17th August 2016, by Swami Sunil Das, Founder, Sneham Charitable Trust, Muthalamada, Palakkad.
- Sree Narayana Guru Jeyanthi Celebration on 6th September 2016 at C. G. Pudhur Village, presided by Shri. T. S. Harish Kumar, Secretary, SNGET.
- One day trip to Sneham Charitable Trust, Muthalamada on 13th February 2017, a special lecture on “Education and peaceful life” delivered by Swami Sunil Das, Founder, Sneham Charitable Trust, Muthalamada, Palakkad.
- One day trip to Sivagiri Mutt, Trivandrum on 4th March 2017, a special lecture on History of Sree Narayana Guru and Services was delivered by Chairman of Sivagiri Ashram.
- Celebration of Sree Narayana Guru Mandiram on 12th March 2017 at SNGPC, a special lecture on Sree Narayana Guru: Life & Teachings was delivered by Swamy Narayana Dharmavrathan, Sivagiri Mutt.
- Sree Narayana Guru Endowment lecture and Valedictory Function was organized on 13th March 2017 at Vivekananda Hall, a special lecture on Sree Narayana Guru’s Teachings was delivered by Swami Narayana Dharmavrathan, Sivagiri Mutt.
STUDENTS WELFARE AND COUNSELING CELL
|Dr. I. Maria Yesuraja||Social Work|
|Ms. Renu Thomas||Mathematics|
|Ms. Preksha R. Doshi||Psychology|
- The Students’ Welfare and Counselling Cell of Sree Narayana Guru College, Coimbatore, organized the Valedictory function of the Students’ Welfare and Counselling Cell on 14th March 2018 at Old Library Hall at 02.00 p.m. Dr. K.V.Surendran, Principal presided over the programme. Mr.S.FRANCIS, Technical Support Manager, World Vision India. Tamilnadu & Kerala was the Chief Guest and delivered a Guest Lecture on, “Child Protection and Child Psychology”. Dr. I. Maria Yesuraja, Convenor, Students Welfare and Counselling Cell, welcomed the gathering. Ms.Nandhini Devi, Asst.Professor, Department of Social Work, read out the Annual Report of the Students Welfare and Counselling Cell. Mr. A. Bellaro John Regan, Asst.Professor, Department of Social Work, proposed a vote of thanks. More than 150 students participated in the programme.
- The Inaugural function of the Students’ Welfare and Counselling Cell was held on 30 th August 2017 at 1.30 p.m. Dr. K V.Surendran, Principal presided over the programme. Ms.J.Agnes Fabilola, Counsellor from Seesha Hospital, was the guest.
- Students Welfare and Counseling Cell Organized a Guest Lecture on “ Emotional Intelligence among Adolescents” on 10.2016
- SWCC Organized a Guest Lecture on “Awareness Generation against Drug Abuse” on 10th March 2017.
YOUTH RED CROSS
|Mr. M. Maheshkumar||Commerce|
|Mr. S. Vijayaprabhakaran||Business Administration|
|Ms. T. Vinutharani||Business Administration|
- Citizen Consumer Club of Sree Narayana Guru College observed World Consumer Rights Day on 15-03-2018 at 2.00 p.m. Mr.M.MAHESH KUMAR, Convenor-Citizen Consumer Club, welcomed the gathering. Dr.P.JAYA KUMAR, Associate Professor, Sree Narayana Guru Institute of Management Studies, Coimbatore, was the Chief Guest for the programme. The chief guest briefly discussed the importance of observing World Consumer Rights Day on March 15 every year and created awareness on Consumer Rights among students. Mr.S.Balaji and Mrs.V.Vidya Assistant Professors of Commerce presented in the programme. The Student members of Citizen Consumer Club of Sree Narayana Guru College got benefited out of the programme.
- Awareness programme on “LPG SAFETY CLINIC” on 23-02-2018 at 2 PM. Venue: Conference Hall.
- Chief Guest: V.GUHAN, Managing Partner, Sree Annai Aravind Gas Service, Vada Valli, Coimbatore.
- Chief Guest: Dr.N.Pradeep Kumar, General Secretary, Tamil Nadu Consumer Association.
- Inaugural and Guest Lecture titled “Energy Conservation” on 21-09-2017, 10.30 AM. Chief Guest: Shri.S.Senthil Kumar,BE., Executive Engineer/TANGEDO, Kuniamuthur, Coimbatore.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL
|Ms. R. Suriakala||Business Administration|
|Ms. A. Umamaheshwari||Business Administration|
|Ms. G. Gnanamani||Business Administration|
|Mr. Ranjith Kumar||Business Administration|
Inauguration of ‘WE – Women Entrepreneurs’ forum in Vivekananda Hall at 10.30 am on 05.01.2018. The guests were Dr. R. Saravanan, Principal, SNGIMS, Dr. Rajkumari Jeevagan, Chairman, WE forum, Coimbatore Chapter, Ms. Devi janardhanan, Secretary, WE forum, Coimbatore Chapter.
Event :Inaugural function of Entrepreneurship Development CellChief Guest Address : Mr. Arun Raaj Manick Raj, Founder & CEO of ORENDA Social Enterprise.
- Inauguration on the topic “Who can be an entrepreneur?” on 19.07.2016
- One day training programme on handicraft for self-help group was organised on 28.01.2017
- To develop the marketing skills of the students “Sale exhibition” was organised on 15.02.2017
- Business Administration & Entrepreneurship Development Cell jointly conducted extension activity – One day training programme on “Employability Skills ” in Thudialur on 05.02.2017 for Women’s Self Help Group.
- Valedictory function with a Guest Lecture on “Tips to budding entrepreneurs” was organised on 06.03.2017.
|Dr. A. J. Manju||English|
|Dr. I. Maria Yesu Raja||Social Work|
|Dr. M. P. Pavithra||Languages|
|Mr. R. Jayaprakash||Physical Education|
|Ms. K. V. Neethu||English|
Music club was inaugurated by the Music director Mr. Suresh Subramaniyam. The club conducted a musical contest “Voice of 2017” in the month of February.The club valedictory note of Mr.Raman Kutty on 7th March 2017 .
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES CELL
|Dr. T. Dharmarajan||Languages|
|Dr. V. Dhana Rangesh Kumar||Biochemistry|
|Mr. M. Manikandan||Biotechnology|
|Ms.K. Baby Saranya||Commerce|
- Inauguration of Equal Opportunities Cell was held on 03/10/2016 at Vivekananda Hall presided by Dr.K.V.Surendran Principal,SNGC. The inaugural address was given by Mr.A.Alagarsamy Head, Dept.of Social Work, Sri Krishna Arts & Science college, Coimbatore.
- Valedictory of Equal Opportunities Cell was held on 17/03/2017 at old library hall presided by Dr.K.V.Surendran,Principal,SNGC. The Valedictory address was given by Dr.G.P.Godhanavalli students and family counselor & Social Worker Coimbatore.
HUMAN RIGHTS COMMITTEE
|Ms. P. Sharmila||English|
|Ms. B. Suganya||English|
The Human Rights Cell of Sree Narayana Guru College organized the Inaugural Function of Human Rights Cell on 05.07.2017 at 2.00 p.m. in Seminar Hall. Dr. K.V. Surendran, Principal presided over the function. Mrs. M. Vennila, Former President of Women Advocates Association from Coimbatore was the Resource Person and delivered a guest lecture on, “Women’s Legal Rights”. The students were enlightened on the Legal Rights of Women by the interactive session of the resource person. Mr.VR.Nagarajan, Convener of Human Rights Cell, introduced the resource person and coordinated the programme. Mr.A.Bellaro John Regan, the member of Human Rights Cell, welcomed the gathering and Mr. S.Balaji, the member of Human Rights Cell, proposed the vote of thanks. More than 150 students participated in the programme.
ENTRY INTO SERVICES
|Dr. R. Priya||Computer Science|
|Dr. P. Kannan||Commerce|
|Mr. R. Sakthivel||Commerce|
|Mr. S. Vinuchakravarthi||International Business|
|Ms. Selas Maria Stanely||Commerce|
The Entry into Services Cell was organized its Inauguration programme on 20.09.2017 at 10:30 am at Vivekananda Hall. Chief Guest Ms. Lavanya Nair, Associate Head “SMART” Training Resource India Pvt. Ltd, Coimbatore.
ROAD SAFETY PATROL COMMITTEE
|Mr. T. Sivakumar||Computer Science|
|Mr. Karthick||Computer Science|
|Ms. B. Sruthi||Computer Science|
|Mr. T. Sam Wilson||Mathematics|
Road Safety Patrol Committee was inaugurated by the Advocate Rajesh M.P. on 06.10.2016. The committee conducted an awareness program on “Road Safety” on 28.12.2016 in the college campus by Mr.Ravi Kumar, Sub-Inspector of Police .
|Ms. M. P. Pavithra (Convener)||Languages|
|Dr. A. J. Manju||English|
|Ms. C. B. Shanthi||English|
|Ms. C. Sujatha Preeth||Languages|
|Ms. R. Kavitha||English|
|Ms. L. Jessy||Languages|
- Literary Club and Book Club conducted Kaviarangu on 01.02.2018. The students took part eagerly and recited poems in Tamil, Malayalam, Hindi and English.
- Inauguration of Literary Club & Book Club was held on 27th September, 2017 . A lecture on “Literature and Life” , was delivered by the Chief Guest-Mr.P.Mayil Rajan, Assistant Professor, SNGIMS.
- Inauguration of Literary Club and a Guest Lecture named “Creativity in Literature” was held on 09/08/2016 at Seminar Hall by Mr.Mayilrajan (poet) Asst.Prof. SNGIMS, Coimbatore.
- KAVIYARANGU (In Tamil, Hindi, English & Malayalam)on 15/02/2017 afternoon at GS8.
- Poetry Competition (In Tamil, Hindi, English & Malayalam) was conducted on 15/02/2017 forenoon at GS8.
- The Valedictory was held on 06/03/2017. Dr.K.V.Surendran presided over the function and delivered the Valedictory address. He also gave away the prizes to the winners of the poetry competition. A Kaviyarangu were conducted along with the function and the prize winners and other students recited own poems.