Sree Narayana Guru Youth Club Inaugural Function on 06-08-2018, 10.30 AM. Chief Guest: Prof. K. Sasikumar, Principal(Rtd), SN College, Kollam and Secretary of Sree Narayana Educational Society, Kollam. More than 250 youth club members participated.
25th Batch Inaugural Function 2018
Sree Narayana Guru College celebrated Freshers’ Day on 09th July 2018. The freshers were welcomed by giving flowers by the second and third year students. Dr .K.V. Surendran welcomed the gathering. Shri T.S. Harish Kumar, Secretary, Sree Narayana Guru Educational Trust, presided over the function and delivered the presidential address. Shri M.P.Vijayan, Treasurer, Sree Narayana Guru Educational Trust, delivered the special address. All the HoDs gave a detailed account of their courses. Dr. M. Ilangovan, Vice Principal, proposed a vote of thanks.
Annual Day Celebrations 2018
The 24th Annual Day was celebrated on 17th March, 2018. Shri. Sunil Haridass, Chairman, Sree Narayana Guru Educational Trust presided over the function and delivered the presidential address. The Chief Guest, Dr. N. Raja Kumar, Principal, VLB Janakiammal College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore delivered the annual day address. Dr. T.R. Krishnan, Vice Chairman, SNGET, Shri. T. S. Harishkumar, Secretary, SNGET, Shri. K.A. Pankaj Kumar, Joint Secretary SNGET and Shri. M. P. Vijayan, Treasurer, SNGET, felicitated the gathering. Dr. K.V. Surendran, Principal, presented the Annual Report. Prizes and awards were distributed for the winners at the end of the programme.
Graduation Day 2018
Our College celebrated its 9th Graduation Day on 18th March, 2018. Shri. Sunil Haridass, Chairman, Sree Narayana Guru Educational Trust presided over the function and delivered the presidential address. The Chief Guest, Dr. Shantanu Bhowmik, Head of Research and Projects, Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering, Amrita University, Coimbatore delivered the Graduation day address and distributed the certificates. Dr. K.V. Surendran, Principal declared the Graduation Day Open. 524 graduates were awarded with degrees of which 27 bagged University Ranks. Shri. T.S Harish Kumar, Secretary, SNGET, Dr. T.R. Krishnan, Vice Chairman, Shri.M.P Vijayan , Treasurer, Shri.K.A. Pankaj Kumar, Joint Secretary, Vice Principal and Heads of the Departments were present on the occasion.
Convener: Mr. A Bellaro John Reagan, (Asst. Prof. of Social Work)
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Republic Day was celebrated in our college on 26th Jan., 2018. Shri T S Harish Kumar, Secretary, SNGET hoisted our National Flag.
On the 11th of January, 2018, Pongal Celebrations were conducted.
Inter-School cultural programme was organized on 14.10.2017.
Disciplinary Committee, SNGC
Disciplinary Committee organized Guest Lecture on “Crisis Management” for all the Staff Members on 20.06.2018, 3.45 PM. Venue: Seminar Hall, SNGC. Dr. I. Maria Yesuraja, Convener, Introduced the Resource Person. Dr.K.V.Surendran, Principal, presided over the programme. Dr. G. Umashankar, Director, Jan Shikshan Sansthan, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India, Coimbatore delivered special address. Dr. M.Thangavel, Professor and Head, proposed the vote of thanks. Dr. M. Ilangovan, Vice Principal and more than 100 Staff Members participated in the programme.
Two day Inter-collegiate cultural programme “CREDISE 2017” was organized on 12.10.2017 and 13.10.2017.
Convener: Ms. G.Maheswari (Asst. Prof. of Computer Science )
Contact Number: 9585170755
Email id: email@example.com
- Inaugural Function and Seminar “Food Ethics” on 18-09-2017, 1.30 PM. Chief Guest: Mr. R. Sankara Narayanan, Managing Trustee, Inaikum Kaigal, Coimbatore.
- Inaugural function- DO’S AND DON’T’S on 11/08/16 at Vivekananda Hall by Dr.Devi Premnath, Associate Professor, SNGIMS.
- Valedictory function-“Behaving Ethically-The Tone at the Top” on 09/03/2017 at Conference Hall by Dr.P.Ponmeenakshi, Associate Professor, SNGIMS.
Convener: Dr. V. Jeyanthi (Associate Professor of Mathematics)
Contact Number: 9655944113
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planted nearly 100 saplings in and around the campus.
- Inaugurated the committee in association with nature club on 31.08.16.
- Cleaned the campus in association with nature club and NSS.
- Conducted an awareness rally on “Plastic Free Campus” on 13th Feb- 2017.
Media and Photography Club
Convener: Mr.Vinoth Kumar V ( Asst. Prof. of Microbiology)
Contact Number: 97508 57961
Email id: email@example.com
- Inauguration by Dr. Radha , Head , Department of VISCOM, Dr.G.R.D College of Science,Coimbatore
- PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
- Valedictory by Dr. P.Jayakumar, Associate Prof, SNGIMS, Coimbatore
Convener: Ms. V Vidhya (Asst. Prof. of Commerce)
Contact Number : 9486588856
Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
|1||Inauguration of Nature Club &
Lecture on Tree plantation &Nature education
|2||Plantation of saplings in college campus|
|3||Garden cleaning by the nature club student volunteers|
|4||Medicinal Saplings were planted|
|5||Making green and clean campus|
|6||Awareness rally for plastic free in college campus|
|7||Valedictory of Nature Club|
Convener : Dr.K.Narayanasamy (Associate Prof. of Biochemistry)
Contact Number : 9894235836
Email id : email@example.com
- Inauguration of Science Club and a seminar on “An Overview of Cancer” on 21.09.2016 at Vivekananda Hall at 2.00 pm by V.K. Gopalakrishnan, Professor and Head, Dept. of Biochemistry, Karpagam University, Coimbatore-641 021.
Women Empowerment Cell
Convener: Dr. P. Saravanakumari (Asst. Prof. of Microbiology)
Contact number: 94423 86269
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Activities (2017-18):
- A Guest lecture on “Basics in Cancer Care” was organised on 15.02.2018 at 2. 00 p.m. The Chief Guest for the programme was Dr. Varadarajan Kumar, MBBS, MRCP (UK)., FRCR (UK).,Consultant Medical and Radiation Oncologist,
Kovai Medical Center Hospital,Coimbatore.
- Guest lecture on “Basics in Cancer Care”
Date: 15.02.2018 at 2. 00 p.m
Chief Guest: Dr. Varadarajan Kumar, MBBS, MRCP (UK)., FRCR (UK).,
Consultant Medical and Radiation Oncologist,
Kovai Medical Center Hospital,
- Inauguration of Women Empowerment Cell on 30th August 2016 by Dr. D. Parasakthi, Head, of Commerce with Corporate Secretaryship, Dr. N G P College of Arts & Science, Coimbatore and presented a lecture on Does the equal half has the equal rights.
- Guest lecture cum workshop on “Kalari – an art for health and self-defence for Women”, by Mr. C. Muralidharan, Trainer, CVN Kalari, Puthur, Palakkad on 31st January 2017, 30 p.m.
- Special lecture on the topic Personality grooming for girls by Mrs. Harini Priyadharshini, PRO & Trainer, Hindustan Lever Ltd. Rexona Products, on 11th Feb 2017, 30 p.m.
- Valedictory function on the title Adoring the artistic values in Women by Mrs. Sasmitta K Aroraa, Directress, SHANKARAM – Institute for Music and Dance, Coimbatore, on 8th March 2017, 10. 30 a.m.
- Awareness rally on “Gender equality” on 8th March 2017, 2.30 p.m.
Sree Narayana Guru Youth Club
Convener: Mr. J. Santhosh (Asst. Prof. of Computer Science)
Contact number: 8220411444
Email id: email@example.com
On 16th of August, 2017, the inauguration of Sree Narayana Guru Youth Club. The chief guest of the function, Sri. SatChidAnanda Saraswati, Co-Founder, House of Gem of Though, Coimbatore, delivered the inaugural address.
- Inauguration of Sree Narayana Guru Youth Club on 17th August 2016, by Swami Sunil Das, Founder, Sneham Charitable Trust, Muthalamada, Palakkad.
- Sree Narayana Guru Jeyanthi Celebration on 6th September 2016 at C. G. Pudhur Village, presided by Shri. T. S. Harish Kumar, Secretary, SNGET.
- One day trip to Sneham Charitable Trust, Muthalamada on 13th February 2017, a special lecture on “Education and peaceful life” delivered by Swami Sunil Das, Founder, Sneham Charitable Trust, Muthalamada, Palakkad.
- One day trip to Sivagiri Mutt, Trivandrum on 4th March 2017, a special lecture on History of Sree Narayana Guru and Services was delivered by Chairman of Sivagiri Ashram.
- Celebration of Sree Narayana Guru Mandiram on 12th March 2017 at SNGPC, a special lecture on Sree Narayana Guru: Life & Teachings was delivered by Swamy Narayana Dharmavrathan, Sivagiri Mutt.
- Sree Narayana Guru Endowment lecture and Valedictory Function was organized on 13th March 2017 at Vivekananda Hall, a special lecture on Sree Narayana Guru’s Teachings was delivered by Swami Narayana Dharmavrathan, Sivagiri Mutt.
Students Welfare and Counselling Cell
Convener : Dr. I.Maria Yesuraja (Head & Associate Prof. of Social Work)
Contact Number: 9944800192
Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Students’ Welfare and Counselling Cell of Sree Narayana Guru College, Coimbatore, organized the Valedictory function of the Students’ Welfare and Counselling Cell on 14th March 2018 at Old Library Hall at 02.00 p.m. Dr. K.V.Surendran, Principal presided over the programme. Mr.S.FRANCIS, Technical Support Manager, World Vision India. Tamilnadu & Kerala was the Chief Guest and delivered a Guest Lecture on, “Child Protection and Child Psychology”. Dr. I. Maria Yesuraja, Convenor, Students Welfare and Counselling Cell, welcomed the gathering. Ms.Nandhini Devi, Asst.Professor, Department of Social Work, read out the Annual Report of the Students Welfare and Counselling Cell. Mr. A. Bellaro John Regan, Asst.Professor, Department of Social Work, proposed a vote of thanks. More than 150 students participated in the programme.
- The Inaugural function of the Students’ Welfare and Counselling Cell was held on 30 th August 2017 at 1.30 p.m. Dr. K V.Surendran, Principal presided over the programme. Ms.J.Agnes Fabilola, Counsellor from Seesha Hospital, was the guest.
- Students Welfare and Counseling Cell Organized a Guest Lecture on “ Emotional Intelligence among Adolescents” on 10.2016
- SWCC Organized a Guest Lecture on “Awareness Generation against Drug Abuse” on 10th March 2017.
Youth Red Cross
Convener: Mr. A.H.Abdul Kather (Asst. Prof. of Computer Science)
Contact number: 9952635599
Email id: email@example.com
|S. No||Event (with title)||Students Participated/topic||Date||Resource Person & Address|
|1.||Inauguration||“Youth Social Service”||11.03.16||Mr.V.R.Nagarajan, NSS Programme Officer,SNGC.|
|2.||Seminar||“Awareness on Blood donation”||04.08.16||Mr.M.Suresh Babu,Medical Officer,
Shanthi Social Service
|3.||Blood Donation Camp||120||12.08.16||Dr.B.Srinivasan & Mr.M.Suresh Babu,Medical Officers, Shanthi Social Service|
|4.||Datri Stem cell Donor Registration camp||1200||01.09.16||—|
|5.||WORLD AIDS DAY||Understanding the stigma social faced by PLWHA||01.12.16||Mr.G.Vijayaragavan,
Head, Youth Leadership Programme Impact of HIV & Challenges faced by Young People
|6.||Blood Donation Camp||107||15.02.17||Mr.M.Suresh Babu,Medical Officer, Shanthi Social Service|
|7.||Valediction||Behaving ethically – The tone at the top||09.03.17||Dr.P.Ponmeenakshi, Asst. Prof., SNGIMS|
Convener: Dr.A J Manju (Head & Asst. Prof. of English)
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Book Club was inaugurated on 7th August 2017. The resource person was Dr. V Moorty, Librarian, Sree Krishna College of Arts & Science Coimbatore. The Club organized an essay writing competition on 15-2-2017. Students of various departments participated in the competition. The valedictory function of the Book Club was organized on 7-3-17. Dr. K.V. Surendran , our principal delivered the valedictory address on the occasion.
Citizen Consumer Club
Convener: Mr. M.Mahes Kumar (Asst. Prof. of Commerce)
Contact number: 9943491010
Email id: email@example.com
- Citizen Consumer Club of Sree Narayana Guru College observed World Consumer Rights Day on 15-03-2018 at 2.00 p.m. Mr.M.MAHESH KUMAR, Convenor-Citizen Consumer Club, welcomed the gathering. Dr.P.JAYA KUMAR, Associate Professor, Sree Narayana Guru Institute of Management Studies, Coimbatore, was the Chief Guest for the programme. The chief guest briefly discussed the importance of observing World Consumer Rights Day on March 15 every year and created awareness on Consumer Rights among students. Mr.S.Balaji and Mrs.V.Vidya Assistant Professors of Commerce presented in the programme. The Student members of Citizen Consumer Club of Sree Narayana Guru College got benefited out of the programme.
- Awareness programme on “LPG SAFETY CLINIC” on 23-02-2018 at 2 PM. Venue: Conference Hall.
- Chief Guest: V.GUHAN, Managing Partner, Sree Annai Aravind Gas Service, Vada Valli, Coimbatore.
- Chief Guest: Dr.N.Pradeep Kumar, General Secretary, Tamil Nadu Consumer Association.
- Inaugural and Guest Lecture titled “Energy Conservation” on 21-09-2017, 10.30 AM. Chief Guest: Shri.S.Senthil Kumar,BE., Executive Engineer/TANGEDO, Kuniamuthur, Coimbatore.
|S.No||Name of the Programme||Topic||Date & Time||Chief Guest
Designation and Address
|1.||Inauguration||Role of Citizen Consumer Club||08.09.2016||Lr.K.N.Ponnussamy, BA,BL, Advocate, Coimbatore|
|2.||Awareness programme||Role of Alumni in creating awareness on consumer rights among rural people||31.12.2016||Dr.P.Jaya Kumar, Asso.Prof., SNGIMS|
|3.||Awareness programme||Awareness programme on weighing measurement and packaging commodity||14.02.2017||Shri.T.Murugesan, M.Sc., MLM, Inspector of Labour, Coimbatore District. & Dr.N.Pratheep Kumar, General Secretary, Tamilnadu Consumer Association, Coimbatore.|
|4.||World Consumer Rights Day||Awareness on what activities should done by BIS & Theme for World Consumer Rights Day 2017, ‘Building a Digital World Consumers can Trust’||15.03.2017||Shri.V.Ramesh, Scientist-C, BIS, Coimbatore & Dr.N.Pratheep Kumar, General secretary, Tamilnadu Consumer Association, Coimbatore.|
Entrepreneurship Development Cell
Convener : Dr.M Geetha (Head & Asst. Prof. of Business Administration)
- Inauguration on the topic “Who can be an entrepreneur?” on 19.07.2016
- One day training programme on handicraft for self-help group was organised on 28.01.2017
- To develop the marketing skills of the students “Sale exhibition” was organised on 15.02.2017
- Business Administration & Entrepreneurship Development Cell jointly conducted extension activity – One day training programme on “Employability Skills ” in Thudialur on 05.02.2017 for Women’s Self Help Group.
- Valedictory function with a Guest Lecture on “Tips to budding entrepreneurs” was organised on 06.03.2017.
Convener : Ms.D.Savithiri (Asst. Prof. of Mathematics)
Mobile No. : 9500641170
E-mail id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Music club was inaugurated by the Music director Mr. Suresh Subramaniyam. The club conducted a musical contest “Voice of 2017” in the month of February.The club valedictory note of Mr.Raman Kutty on 7th March 2017 .
Equal Opportunities Cell
Convener : Dr.T.Dharmarajan (Asst. Prof. of Tamil)
Mobile No. :9942280471
E-mail id : email@example.com
- Inauguration of Equal Opportunities Cell was held on 03/10/2016 at Vivekananda Hall presided by Dr.K.V.Surendran Principal,SNGC. The inaugural address was given by Mr.A.Alagarsamy Head, Dept.of Social Work, Sri Krishna Arts & Science college, Coimbatore.
- Valedictory of Equal Opportunities Cell was held on 17/03/2017 at old library hall presided by Dr.K.V.Surendran,Principal,SNGC. The Valedictory address was given by Dr.G.P.Godhanavalli students and family counselor & Social Worker Coimbatore.
Human Rights Club
Convener : Mr. V R Nagarajan (Asst. Prof. of Computer Science)
Mobile No. :9080130405
E-mail id : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Human Rights Cell of Sree Narayana Guru College organized the Inaugural Function of Human Rights Cell on 05.07.2017 at 2.00 p.m. in Seminar Hall. Dr. K.V. Surendran, Principal presided over the function. Mrs. M. Vennila, Former President of Women Advocates Association from Coimbatore was the Resource Person and delivered a guest lecture on, “Women’s Legal Rights”. The students were enlightened on the Legal Rights of Women by the interactive session of the resource person. Mr.VR.Nagarajan, Convener of Human Rights Cell, introduced the resource person and coordinated the programme. Mr.A.Bellaro John Regan, the member of Human Rights Cell, welcomed the gathering and Mr. S.Balaji, the member of Human Rights Cell, proposed the vote of thanks. More than 150 students participated in the programme.
|S. No||Event (with title)||Students Participated/topic||Date||Venue||Resource Person & Address|
Around 150 Students Participated
|04/08/2016||Vivekananda Hall||Lr. V. Pushpanatham, MA., BL.,
|2.||Rights to Safety
Around 150 Students Participated
|04/08/2016||Vivekananda Hall||Lr. A. Velmurugan, M.Sc., BL.,
|3.||International Human Rights Day||Human Chain
Around 200 Students Participated
|10/12/2016||College Campus||Shri. M.P. Vijayan,
“Kalari” An Art of health and self defence for women
|“Kalari” An Art of health and self defence for women
Around 100 Girls Student Participated.
|31/01/2017||Vivekananda Hall||Mr. C. Muralidharan,
Blood Donation Camp
|Around 150 Students Participated.
We have donated 107 units of blood to Santhi Social Service, Coimbatore.
|15/02/2017||Old Library Hall||Mr. M. Suresh BAbu, PRO,
Santhi Social Service, Coimbatore
|6.||Valedictory||Educational Rights of Woman
Around 70 Girls Student Participated.
|10/03/2017||GS2||Lr. J. Arthurkumar, B.Sc., BL.,
Entry into services cell
Convener : Dr.R.Priya (Head & Associate Prof. of Computer Science)
Mobile No. :9894646291
E-mail id :email@example.com
The Entry into Services Cell was organized its Inauguration programme on 20.09.2017 at 10:30 am at Vivekananda Hall. Chief Guest Ms. Lavanya Nair, Associate Head “SMART” Training Resource India Pvt. Ltd, Coimbatore.
|S. No||Event||Title||Resource person with Designation and Address||Date||Venue|
|1||Inauguration||Awareness on IAS Coaching classes||Mr. T. Sampath Kumar
CEO, Success IAS Academy
|18th August 2016||Vivekanandha Hall|
|2||Campaign||Group – IV Exam||Mr. T. Sampath Kumar
CEO, Success IAS Academy
|3.||Valedictory||Current Opportunities||Mr.P.Mayil Rajan MBA.,
Assistant Professor, SNGIMS, Coimbatore.
|9th March 2017||Old Library Hall|
Road Safety Patrol Committee
Convener : Dr.M.Thangavel ( Head & Prof. of Microbiology)
Mobile No. :9489591066
E-mail id :firstname.lastname@example.org
Road Safety Patrol Committee was inaugurated by the Advocate Rajesh M.P. on 06.10.2016. The committee conducted an awareness program on “Road Safety” on 28.12.2016 in the college campus by Mr.Ravi Kumar, Sub-Inspector of Police .
Convener: Dr M P Pavithra(Head i/c & Asst. Prof of Malayalam)
Contact Number: 9496839506
Email ID: email@example.com
- Literary Club and Book Club conducted Kaviarangu on 01.02.2018. The students took part eagerly and recited poems in Tamil, Malayalam, Hindi and English.
- Inauguration of Literary Club & Book Club was held on 27th September, 2017 . A lecture on “Literature and Life” , was delivered by the Chief Guest-Mr.P.Mayil Rajan, Assistant Professor, SNGIMS.
- Inauguration of Literary Club and a Guest Lecture named “Creativity in Literature” was held on 09/08/2016 at Seminar Hall by Mr.Mayilrajan (poet) Asst.Prof. SNGIMS, Coimbatore.
- KAVIYARANGU (In Tamil, Hindi, English & Malayalam)on 15/02/2017 afternoon at GS8.
- Poetry Competition (In Tamil, Hindi, English & Malayalam) was conducted on 15/02/2017 forenoon at GS8.
- The Valedictory was held on 06/03/2017. Dr.K.V.Surendran presided over the function and delivered the Valedictory address. He also gave away the prizes to the winners of the poetry competition. A Kaviyarangu were conducted along with the function and the prize winners and other students recited own poems.