Internal Quality Assurance cell
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bengaluru, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure.
Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
Feedback Analysis Report – June 2018 – April 2019
Schedule for Extension Activity 2018 – 2019:
Best Practices 2018 – 2019:
Library Details 2018 – 2019:
Program Specific Outcome:
- The IQAC of Sree Narayana Guru College organized A Three Day Virtual Faculty Development Programme on “Enhancing Excellence Through Assessment And Accreditation” from 06/05/202 to 08/05/2020 via Zoom App at 11:00 am. The resource person Dr. Aloysius Edward J, Dean, Faculty of Commerce & Management and Director IQAC, Kristu Jayanti College Autonomous, Bengaluru. The resource person shared about NAAC accreditation process, revised format of NAAC manual and AQAR. Also he explained seven criteria with quantitative and qualitative weightages given for affiliated colleges. He also clarified various participant doubts. There was overwhelming response of faculties from all over the country.
- The IQAC of Sree Narayana Guru College organized International workshop on “Effective Teaching Skills” on 27/05/2020 via Zoom App at 02:00 pm. The resource persons Dr. Rose Kavitha, Director, Research & Corporate Trainer, Silicon City, College, Bengaluru, Mr. Sameem, Senior Lecturer, Dept of English Language Teaching, South Eastern University, Sri Lanka,Prof. Siva Kumar S M, Head Department of Economics, St. Fransis De Sales College, Bengaluru. The resource person shared about E-Learning, Class room Management & Impact of COVID 19 on Higher Education. They also clarified various participant doubts. There was overwhelming response of faculties from all over the country.
- The IQAC organized a Webinar on “Emotional Intelligence on Self Differentiation” on 23.04.2020 via Zoom App at 11:00 am. The Chief Guest was Ms.Krithika Selvaraj, HR, Procol Ltd, Coimbatore. The resource person spoke about how intelligence has overtaken against emotions, Human behavior as individual & when in a group and explained how to overcome the emotions in working environment with various real time situations. Also she explained eight concepts of Bowen Theory, Negativity & how to coach ourselves. Importance of I, being self & pseudo self.
- Dr. R. Priya, IQAC Coordinator, Associate Professor & Head, Department of Computer Science.
- Dr. M. Saravanan, IQAC Co-coordinator, Associate Professor & Head, Department of International Business
- Ms. Preksha Doshi, IQAC Co-coordinator, Assistant Professor & Head i/c, Department of Psychology
- Dr. A. Vijaya Chitra, Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology.
- Dr. M. A. Rathi, Assistant Professor, Department of Biochemistry.
- Dr. Ms. M. Nanthini, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics.
- Mr. S. Vinuchakravarthi, Assistant Professor, Department of Biochemistry.
- Ms. P. Anitha, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science.
- Ms. B. Suganya, Assistant Professor, Department of English.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the Sree Narayana Guru College (SNGC)
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the College.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles .
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of SNGC, leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of SNGC for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices.
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in SNGC.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the College based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC) in the prescribed format.
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Units of SNGC based on the AQAR.
- Interaction with SQACs in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and enhancement endeavors.
- In terms of UGC Regulations 2010, IQAC shall act as the Documentation and Record-Keeping cell, including assistance in the development of the API criteria based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) proforma using the indicative template separately developed by the UGC. In order to facilitate the process, all teachers shall submit the duly filled-in PBAS proforma to the IQAC annualy.
- Any other assignment by the Principal.
- The AQAR shall be approved by the statutory bodies of SNGC (such as Academic Council, Executive Council) for the follow up action for necessary quality enhancement measures.
- The College shall regularly submit SNGC AQARs to the NAAC / other accreditation bodies.
- SNGC shall submit AQARs and/or Quality Radars (QRs) and follow up reports of AQARs to the UGC as and when called for.
- The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activities, as well as for hosting the AQAR.
Dr. R. Priya,