Internal Quality Assurance cell
- Dr. R. Priya, Coordinator, Associate Professor & Head, Department of Computer Science.
- Dr. E. K. Girisan, Administrative Director and Academic Coordinator
- Dr. S. Geetha Lakshmi, Co-coordinator, Associate Professor & Head, Department of Biotechnology
- Ms. B. Suganya, Assistant Professor, Department of English.
- Ms. X. Queen Santhana Mary, Assistant Professor , Business Administration.
- Mr. A. H. Abdul Kather, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science.
- Ms. D. Priyadharshini, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science.
- Ms. R. Subitha, Assistant Professor, Department of Biotechnology.
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bengaluru, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure.
Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
> AQAR 2012-13
> AQAR 2013-14
> AQAR 2014-15
> AQAR 2015-16
> AQAR 2016-17
> AQAR 2017-18
>Resubmitted AQAR 2017-18
> AQAR 2018-19
> AQAR 2019-20
> AQAR 2020-21
NIRF 2022 – COLLEGE
NIRF 2022 – OVERALL
> NIRF 2021 – COLLEGE
> NIRF 2021 – OVERALL
Feedback Analysis Report
Schedule for Extension Activity 2018 – 2019:
Future Plan 2022
Library Details 2018 – 2019:
Program Specific Outcome:
- IQAC organized Faculty Development Program on “Mind Rejuvenation & Personal Management” on 06-12-2021, 11 am.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/Ncpzk6mA-jM
- An Virtual Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on the topic “Activities of Institutions to Impart Quality Education” was organised by the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of our College on 12th June, 2021. Google meet was the platform used for the conduct of the programme. The resource person for the event was Dr. M G Sethuraman, Professor of Chemistry, Gandhigram Rural University, Dindigul – a versatile speaker and expert on giving insights to improve the Quality of Education in Higher Educational Institutions. He pointed out on the following during his talk: Requirements and Standards needed, Challenges in HEI’s, Quality – the Need of the Hour, Functions of HEI’s, Performance of Indian Institutions at Global level, Marching towards Quality Assurance, Quality indicators and Desirable indicators for HEI’s and finally on How do we Excel? There were 164 out of 197 registered Faculty members from various Colleges who had actively participated in the programme. Question and answer session was there at the end of the programme where the resource person cleared all with zeal.
- The Internal Quality Assessment cell of Sree Narayana Guru College has organized 1day Faculty Development Programme on 09.06.2021 through Google Meet @10.30am. The Resource Person : Dr.N.Eswaran, Vice Principal, KG College of arts and science, Coimbatore. The resource person efficiently explained the concept of six cognitive levels of thinking and how an educator can achieve the goal to encourage higher-order thought in their students by building up from lower-level cognitive skills using Bloom’s Taxonomy. The program also sensitized faculties on the know-how of defining effective and measurable course and lesson objectives. This FDP has given a road map to the faculties in developing the framework for organizing a continuum along an underlying structure.
- The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Sree Narayana Guru College in association with Apex Academy, Kochi organized a Faculty Development Program on Financial Literacy on Wednesday, the 10th March 2021 at 11:00 am through Google Meet Platform. The Resource Person was Mr Manoj T Neelakantan, BFSI Trainer, Apex Academy, Kochi. He emphasized the need for financial literacy because it equips us with the knowledge and skills we need to manage money effectively. He also added that financial literacy is the ability to make informed judgements and effective decisions regarding the use and management of money. He also urged on the five key components of financial literacy which include earn, spend, save and invest, borrow, and protect.
- The Internal Quality Assurance Cell of Sree Narayana Guru College in association with the Internal Quality Assurance Cell of Bharathiar University, Coimbatore jointly organized an 8 Faculty Development Program on “NAAC PROCESS ON QUALITY ADVANCEMENT” on between 11th December 2020 and 18th December 2020 through Microsoft Teams Platform. Being the first day on 11th December 2020, the resource person was Dr. Harry Cleetus, NAAC Peer Team Member, Former Principal, St. Alberts College, Ernakulam. He spoke on the topic “The Metric wise direction – A process approch”. He emphasized the criterion wise weightages for higher education institutions and urged the importance of quality in higher education especially for affiliated colleges. He also insisted that the institutions should have a participatory approach in managing the metrics to bring in enhanced participation of students and alumni in the development of the institution.Being the second day on 12th December 2020, the resource person was Prof. Prashant R Nair, Coordinator – IQAC, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore. He spoke on the topic “Best Practices and Documentation for Academics”.
He emphasized that the importance of systematic record keeping and the documents and files that are to be maintained at college level. He also insisted on the NAAC core values and importance of criteria for assessment. He urged the need for feedback system from the stakeholders for improved performance.Being the third day on 13th December 2020, the resource person was Dr. N. Ponpandian, Director, IQAC, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. He spoke on the topic “Role of IQC in Higher Educational Institutions”. In his presentation, he highlighted the key tasks of NAAC and also the need for quality. He made it very clear that IQAC is a cell which is mandatory to ensure quality in higher educational institution. He also discussed the objectives of IQAC and the Strategies of IQAC. He also added that IQAC should establish good connections with the management and maintain good connection with staff, students and rest of the stakeholders.Being the fourth day on 14th December 2020, the resource person was Dr. T. Mohammed Saleem, Principal, Farook Training College, Calicut. He spoke on the topic “Review of Research and Extension”. In his presentation, he highlighted the need for MoUs with industries, other universities and corporate houses. He also emphasized the core values of accreditation. He also briefed the various resource mobilization for research and urged the need for research activities in an institution.Being the fifth day on 15th December 2020, the resource person was Dr. M. M. Sudheer Mohammed, IQAC Coordinator, Government Arts College, Coimbatore. He spoke on the topic “Policies and Practices of an Institution for better grading”.In his presentation, he focused on Criterion VI and its key indicators. He illustrated the need for internal and external financial audits and also the mechanism for settling such audits. He also insisted that participation and transparency are the areas in which the institution and the administrative units are governed.Being the sixth day on 16th December 2020, the resource person was Dr. Suby Baby, Former IQAC Coordinator, Nirmala College, Muvattupuzha, Kerala. She spoke on the topic “Teaching, learning and evaluation – A critical analysis”.
In her presentation, she focused on Criterion II and its key indicators. She explained about student centric methods such as experiential learning, participative learning and problem solving methodologies which would be helpful in enhancing learning experiences. She also illustrated the mechanism of internal assessment which must be transparent and robust in terms of frequency and mode.
Being the seventh day on 17th December 2020, the resource person was Dr. M. Hanumanthappa, IQAC Coordinator, Bangalore University, Bangalore, Karnataka. He spoke on the topic “Role of NAAC observer in the accreditation process during Peer team visit”. In his presentation, he said that SSS will be administered Verification (DVV) process. He also added that professional bodies has to create an advocacy for assessment and accreditation. He emphasized that Education plays a vital role in the development of any nation. Therefore, there is a premium on both quantity (increased access) and quality (relevance and excellence of academic programmes offered) of higher education. The NAAC has been set up to facilitate the volunteering institutions to assess their performance vis-a-vis set parameters through introspection and a process that provides space for participation of the institution.
Being the eighth day on 18th December 2020, the resource person was Dr. Rajiv Periakaruppan, Assistant Professor, Department of Biotechnoogy, Karpagam Academy of Higher Education, Coimbatore. He spoke on the topic “Importance of Research Publications in NAAC Assessment”. In his presentation, he briefed about the distribution of weightages across key indicators in Criterion III. He insisted that Research, Innovation and Extension are very important for any higher educational institution and also discussed the guidelines for Bibliometric data validation methodology of NAAC for Universities and Autonomous colleges. He explained about the types of scientific papers, Scopus – its features & facilities, other major products of Elsevier and Web of Science.
- The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) organized a Webinar on “The Magic of Learning Advanced Excel ” on Thursday, the 12th November 2020 at 02:00 pm through Google Meet Platform. The Resource Person was Dr Sheshang D Degadwala, Associate Professor & Head, Department of Computer Engineering, Sigma Institute of Engineering, Gujarat.
He emphasized that now a days, many jobs require advanced Excel skills and obviously one has to excel Advanced Excel Skills. Data, Power Query, Tables & Formatting, Conditional Formatting, Advanced Charting, Pivot Tables & Pivot Reporting etc were some of the techniques which are in the need of the hour.
- IQAC, SREE NARAYANA GURU COLLEGE Organizes Five Day Induction Programme for the Freshers through Google Meet From 15-09-2020 to 19-09-2020, 11 AM.
- Sree Narayana Guru College (SNGC)
IQAC Organised 7 Day FDP on Learning Pedagogy on Teaching & Assessment Tools. Day 7 – 25.06.2020 @ 2.00PM-3.30PM
Dr.G. Subramanian, Assistant Professor, Department of English, Government Arts College, Coimbatore delivered a talk on Online Resources – for content development. He enlightened the participants with Presentation Tube, OER Commons, Literariness, Internet Archive and TED ED where lots of library resources are shared free of cost.
- Sree Narayana Guru College (SNGC)
IQAC Organised 7 Day FDP on Learning Pedagogy on Teaching & Assessment Tools. Day 6- 24.06.2020 @ 2.00PM-3.30PM
Dr.V. Bhuvaneswari, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Application, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore delivered a talk on Collaborative Learning. She narrated on Traditional learning and Collaborative learning using the Hare & Tortoise story. She also explained about the components, process, challenges, Professional Improvements. Also listed the tools available for Collaborative Learning
- Sree Narayana Guru College (SNGC)
IQAC Organised 7 Day FDP on Learning Pedagogy on Teaching & Assessment Tools. Day 5 – 23.06.2020 @ 2.00PM-3.30PM. Dr. Saleema J S
Associate Professor , Department of Computer Science, Christ (Deemed to be University), Bengaluru, explained about Google classroom and Google Meet with hands on training.
- Sree Narayana Guru College (SNGC)
IQAC Organised 7 Day FDP on Learning Pedagogy on Teaching & Assessment Tools. Day 4 – 22.06.2020 @ 1.45PM-3.15PM. Dr. K. Thiagu
Assistant Professor, Department of Education
Central University of Kerala, Kasargod, E-Assessment Tools and Techniques. He gave live demo on the tools like nearpad, quizalize, socrative.
- Sree Narayana Guru College (SNGC) IQAC Organised 7 Day FDP on Learning Pedagogy on Teaching & Assessment Tools. Day 3- 19.06.2020 @ 1.45PM-3.15PM Dr. S. Balamurugan
Assistant Professor and Head Department of Commerce (International Business)
Government Arts and Science College, Avinashi, demonstrated on CANVA – The Modern Marvel. He explained how to create flyers, posters, visiting cards. He also showed how incorporate video files within the invitation.
- Sree Narayana Guru College (SNGC)
IQAC Organised 7 Day FDP on Learning Pedagogy on Teaching & Assessment Tools. Day 2- 18.06.2020 @ 2.00PM-3.00PM. Dr. A. Malathi, Assistant Professor, Government Arts College, Coimbatore delivered a talk on Learning Management System – Moodle Gnomio. She demonstrated on how to create Moodle classes, upload the contents and videos and to evaluate the students.
- Sree Narayana Guru College (SNGC)
IQAC Organised 7 Day FDP on Learning Pedagogy on Teaching & Assessment Tools. Day 1- 17.06.2020 @ 2.00PM-3.00PM. Dr.N.Muthumani, Associate Professor, Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore delivered a talk on Outcome Based Education. She explained about how to develop POs,COs,PEOs and Bloom’s Taxonomy.
- The IQAC of Sree Narayana Guru College SNGC, Coimbatore organised a program for students entitled “Exploring the Meditative Art” by the resource person Ms. Archana Devi, Chartered Accountant and Creative Artist by Passion, Chennai. She explained and demonstrated about Zentangle Art and compared with Mandalam Art.
- The IQAC of Sree Narayana Guru College organized A Three Day Virtual Faculty Development Programme on “Enhancing Excellence Through Assessment And Accreditation” from 06/05/202 to 08/05/2020 via Zoom App at 11:00 am. The resource person Dr. Aloysius Edward J, Dean, Faculty of Commerce & Management and Director IQAC, Kristu Jayanti College Autonomous, Bengaluru. The resource person shared about NAAC accreditation process, revised format of NAAC manual and AQAR. Also he explained seven criteria with quantitative and qualitative weightages given for affiliated colleges. He also clarified various participant doubts. There was overwhelming response of faculties from all over the country.
- The IQAC of Sree Narayana Guru College organized International workshop on “Effective Teaching Skills” on 27/05/2020 via Zoom App at 02:00 pm. The resource persons Dr. Rose Kavitha, Director, Research & Corporate Trainer, Silicon City, College, Bengaluru, Mr. Sameem, Senior Lecturer, Dept of English Language Teaching, South Eastern University, Sri Lanka,Prof. Siva Kumar S M, Head Department of Economics, St. Fransis De Sales College, Bengaluru. The resource person shared about E-Learning, Class room Management & Impact of COVID 19 on Higher Education. They also clarified various participant doubts. There was overwhelming response of faculties from all over the country.
- The IQAC organized a Webinar on “Emotional Intelligence on Self Differentiation” on 23.04.2020 via Zoom App at 11:00 am. The Chief Guest was Ms.Krithika Selvaraj, HR, Procol Ltd, Coimbatore. The resource person spoke about how intelligence has overtaken against emotions, Human behavior as individual & when in a group and explained how to overcome the emotions in working environment with various real time situations. Also she explained eight concepts of Bowen Theory, Negativity & how to coach ourselves. Importance of I, being self & pseudo self.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the Sree Narayana Guru College (SNGC)
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the College.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles .
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of SNGC, leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of SNGC for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices.
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in SNGC.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the College based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC) in the prescribed format.
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Units of SNGC based on the AQAR.
- Interaction with SQACs in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and enhancement endeavors.
- In terms of UGC Regulations 2010, IQAC shall act as the Documentation and Record-Keeping cell, including assistance in the development of the API criteria based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) proforma using the indicative template separately developed by the UGC. In order to facilitate the process, all teachers shall submit the duly filled-in PBAS proforma to the IQAC annualy.
- Any other assignment by the Principal.
- The AQAR shall be approved by the statutory bodies of SNGC (such as Academic Council, Executive Council) for the follow up action for necessary quality enhancement measures.
- The College shall regularly submit SNGC AQARs to the NAAC / other accreditation bodies.
- SNGC shall submit AQARs and/or Quality Radars (QRs) and follow up reports of AQARs to the UGC as and when called for.
- The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activities, as well as for hosting the AQAR.
Dr. R. Priya,