About the Library
The Library came into being along with the establishment of the College. With the recurring grants from generous Management contribution, the Library has been steadily and systematically equipped. The Library had been functioning on the first floor of the College Administration Building till the year 2012. In the year 2012, the Management dedicated a separate Library in the Ground Floor with 6283 Square feet with the seating capacity for about 120 readers to collect, organize and disseminate information and also to provide quality Library services to its users effectively and efficiently. It is well stocked and presently has a collection of over 26000 volumes on different subjects. Latest publications in the fields of Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Business Studies, Economics, Humanities and Social Sciences are continuously added to the collection to equip student with a wide range of academic materials. The Library also subscribes about 90 journals of national and international repute. All Prominent national dailies are also subscribed in the library. The College Library is fully automated and provides user services through computer. Library is having Wi-Fi facility.
“To collects organised and preserve the quality resources to provide quality services to enhance research in all spheres”
The Library collects rare and unique works of all academic and industrial fields and to applied technology to enhance the quality services. To organize interaction among academic, industrialist and intellectual of this enterprising city and adapt to the changing information environment to maintain profession access of information and is to use ethically.
The library is housed in ground floor of the main building with a total area is 6283 Sq.Ft.
Various Sections of Library
- Audio Visual Section
- Back Volumes Sections
- Book Bank Section
- Circulation Section
- Digital Library Section
- New Arrivals Section
- Newspaper Reading Section
- Periodical Section
- Property Counter
- Research Scholars Section
- Stock Room
Library Collection Details
|Books||Total number of volumes||26717|
|Total number of titles||17108|
|Back volumes of journals||1250|
|Non Book Materials (CDs-DVDs)||1530|
LIBRARY COLLECTION ACCORDING TO DEPARTMENTS
|Sl. No||Department||Department Library Collection||CENTRAL LIBRARY COLLECTION|
List of Journals Subscribed
- Acta Ciencia Indica (Physics And Mathematics)
- Applied Science Periodical
- Artha: Journal of Social Sciences (AJSS)
- Arthshastra: Indian Journal Of Economics & Research
- Asian Economic Review
- Atlantic Critical Review
- Bulletin of Materials Science
- Bulletin of Pure & Applied Sciences- Bioscience
- Bulletin of Pure & Applied Sciences- Botany
- Bulletin of Pure & Applied Sciences- Mathematics & Statistics
- Bulletin of Pure & Applied Sciences- Physics
- Economic and Political Weekly
- EXIM – India
- Gandhi Marg
- IIMB Management Review
- Indian Cooperative Review
- Indian Journal of Biochemistry & Biophysics
- Indian Journal of Biotechnology
- Indian Journal of Chemical Technology
- Indian Journal Of Computer Science
- Indian Journal of Experimental Biology
- Indian Journal of Finance
- Indian Journal of Gender Studies
- Indian Journal Of Industrial Relation
- Indian Journal of Marketing
- Indian Journal of Microbiology
- Indian Journal of Natural Products and Resources
- Indian Journal of pure & Applied Physics
- Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics
- Indian Journal of Radio & Space Physics
- Indian Journal Of Research In Capital Markets
- Indian Journal of Social Work
- Indian Journal of Transport Management
- Indian Labour Journal
- Indian Management
- Indian Psychological Review
- International Journal of Dravidian Linguistics
- ISDA Journal
- IUP Journal of Accounting :Research &Audit Practice
- IUP Journal of Applied Economics
- IUP Journal of Brand Management
- IUP Journal Of Business Strategy
- IUP Journal Of English Studies
- IUP Journal Of Financial Economics
- IUP Journal Of Information Technology
- IUP Journal Of Marketing Management
- Journal of Astrophysics and Astronomy
- Journal of Biosciences
- Journal of Chemical Sciences
- Journal of Earth System Science
- Journal of English Language Teaching in India
- Journal of Genetics
- Current Science
- Journal of Indian Mathematical Society
- Journal of Intellectual Property Rights
- Journal of Modern Tamizh Research
- Journal of Plant Biochemistry & Biotechnology
- Journal of Rural Development
- Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research
- Journals of Classic Tamilzh
- Kavya Bharathi
- Labour Law Reporter
- Literary Explorer
- Man and Development
- Management Accountant
- Manal Veedu
- Mathematics Students
- Medical & Aromatic Plants Abstracts
- Prabandhan : Indian Journal Of Management
- Pramana – Journal of Physics
- Proceedings (Mathematical Sciences)
- Proceedings of the Indian National Science Academy
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences Indian Section B: Biological Sciences
- Resonance- Journal of Science Education
- Rock Pebbles
- Sadhana (Engineering Sciences)
- Samkaleen Bhartiya Sahitya (Contemporary Indian Literature)
- Science Reporter
- Shan Lax: Tamil Culture
- SIS Journal of Projective Psychology and Mental Health
- Smart Journal of Business Management Studies
- Social Action
- Social Scientist
- The Chartered Accountant Journal
- The Cooperator
- The Literary Criterion
- University News
- Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers
List of Magazines Subscribed
- Banking and Finance
- Business Today
- Charted Secretary
- Competition Success Review
- Data Quest
- Down to Earth
- Electronics for You
- Express Computer
- Femina (Both Tamil and English)
- India Today
- Open Source for You
- PC Quest
- Pratiyogita Kiran
- Sports Star
- The Man
- The Week
- Voice & Data
|N-LIST||National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content (N-LIST) provide access to more than 6,300+ e-journals and 1,38,500 + e-books.|
|DELNET||Access Millions of Networked Library Resources through DELNET, 2,20,00,000+ Books available for loan, 40,000+ list of Journals, 5,000+ Full-text E-journals and 1,00,000+ Thesis/Dissertations|
|National Digital Library of India||Repository hosts contents from multiple subject domains like Technology, Science, Humanities, Agriculture and others, More than 60 types of learning resources are available, 15,00,000+ Items have been authored by 1.5 lakh authors|
List of Services Provided
- Bibliographic Services
- Circulation of Book (Issues & Returns)
- Current Awareness Services(CAS)
- Information Literacy
- Online Public Access Catalogue(OPAC)
- Reference Services
- Referral Service
- Reprographic Services (Photocopying)
- Selection Dissemination of Information(SDI)
Book Bank Scheme
- Book Bank Scheme established for the welfare of SC/ST students
- Under this scheme, a student can take two books in a time and can kept upto 6 months or that entire semester without any fine.
- It is the responsibility of the student who take the books from the Book Bank, should return in good condition.
- Any case of loss or damage to the books would attract penalty. In case of serious damage or loss of books, the student concerned will have to bear the cost of the book.
Book Borrowing Facilities
- UG students can borrow 2 books, PG Students and Research Scholars can borrow 4 Books and Faculty members can borrow 8 books in a time.
- Every user is entitles to keep the book for 15 days. It should be renewed on or before the due date which specified on the Due Slip. However it may be renewed to the same person, if is not wanted by someone else.
- Failing to return a book on the due date will be fine Rs. 1 (Rupees One) per day from the due date. Options from the college will not ordinarily be admitted as excuse for delay of the return books.
- If the due date falls on a holiday, the next working day will be taken as the due date.
- Books will be issued only on production of the library card and these cards will be issued to the students by the Central Library, at the beginning of the academic year.
- A Book may be recall at any time the librarian
- Don’t use other person’s library cards for lending of books.
- It is the responsibility of the student who takes the books, should return in good condition.
- Do not deface, mark or write any library materials for any cost. The student should examine the book, before borrowing. If found any damage, need to report the Librarian immediately. If fail to do so, the last borrower will be the responsible for any damage detected after their use of the book.
- Loss of library card should report immediately.
- Loss of Books should report immediately to the Librarian. If any book lost, the student should replace the same book or pay the double the cost of the book.
General Rules and Regulation
- It is obligatory for all the students of the college to become members of the Central Library
- The library will remain open from 8.45 AM to 5.30 PM on all the working days
- Bags, personal books and other personal belongs are not allowed inside the library and instructed them to keep in the Property counter which located in the entrance
- Entry should made in the Gate Register System which kept in the entry point, while entering / leaving the library
- Silence should be maintained strictly in the Library
- Library staff members are empowered to stop any activities in the library which they consider prejudicial to the safety, wellbeing or security of the readers to preservation of the collections
- Reference Books, Journals, Magazines, Back Volumes, Previous year Question Papers consider as Reference Materials. The Reference Materials will not be lent out. However with the approval of Principal, these materials may issue for overnight.
- Don’t use move and replace the books / Journals from the one area to another area
- No Due Certificates will be issues at the time of leaving the college on return of all the materials which borrowed and pay the overdue charges if any.
Digital library Rules and Regulation
- Each student can use the Computer in Digital Library for a period of 2 Hour only.
- The students should make a compulsory entry in the log book before switching on the terminal.
- The students can reserve their slots in advance but would be allowed to do so only on the previous day.
- The students will not be allowed to use the above facility during class hours except Library hours.
- The students will not be allowed to use their own floppies / CDs and Pen Drive
- Playing games is strictly prohibited.
- The students should shutdown the system properly. If he or she is unable to do so, he/she should contact the staff-in- charge.
- The student will be held responsible for any damage to the system or CDs being used by him or her.
- Copying files from the CDs to the Hard-disk and deleting files in Hard-disks are strictly prohibited.
- Strict silence should be followed
- System should not be utilized for personal work
Library Advisory Committee
|Dr. M. Ilangovan (Chair Person)||Principal|
|Mr. P. Sankar (Convener)||Librarian|
|Dr. M. Thangavel||Department of Microbiology|
|Ms. Renu Thomas||Department of Mathematics|
|Dr. R. Priya||Department of Computer Science|
|Dr. M. P. Pavithra||Department of Languages|
|Dr. M. Saravanan||Department of International Business|
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 9597114465
Research: 6 yrs & Academic 6.4 years. TOTAL: 12.4 yrs
Papers Published : National:20,International:03
Conferences Attended : State: 3, National: 10, International: 1
Workshop Attended : State: 4, National: 6
Specialization : User studies, Bibliometrics, Digital Libraries and IRS
Email : email@example.com
Experience :12 yrs
Papers Published : National: 1
Conferences Attended : State: 2, National: 3
Workshop Attended : National: 4
Specialization : IT
DEPARTMENT OF LIBRARY
Sree Narayana Guru College,
K G Chavadi, Coimbatore – 641 105
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org