Department : Psychology
Year of Establishment : 2017
Courses offered : B.Sc Psychology
The department has a library with more than 144 books and 4 Journals.
Value Added Courses
- Sign Language, Deaf Leaders Foundation, Coimbatore.
- Certificate in Guidance, IGNOU.
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : 9994692239
Experience: 2 Years 6 Months
Papers Published : International: 1
Conferences Attended : National: 1 International: 1
Workshop : State: 7
Specialization : Applied Psychology
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 9842289319
Experience: : 20 Years
Papers Published : National: 1 International: 17
Seminars Attended : International: 5
Conferences Attended : National: 5 International: 2
Workshop Attended : National: 20
Research Guidance: M.Phil.
Specialization : Industrial/Organizational Psychology
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : 9092958261
Papers Published : International: 1
Seminars Attended : State: 4
Conferences Attended : National: 1
Workshop Attended : State: 3
Specialization : Clinical
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 9495171211
Papers Published : International: 1
Seminars Attended : National: 1
Workshop Attended : State: 2
Specialization : Clinical Psychology
UNIVERSITY RANK HOLDER 2020
|S. No.||Rank||Name of the Student||Course||Batch|
|1||I||RAISHA FATHIMA M||B.Sc. Psychology||2017 – 2020|
|2||II||GAYATHRI V||B.Sc. Psychology||2017 – 2020|
- Department of Psychology organized Sree Narayana Guru Endowment Lecture on “Harmony With Self And Significant Others” on 16-02-2021, 2.00 PM. Resource Person: Dr. K. Jayanthi Rani, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology, Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai.
The Resource Person shared knowledge on self, self harmony and the importance of self harmony in social relationship. Further, she emphasized self assertiveness and self efficacy as the two major tools to build harmonious self and harmonious relationship with significant others. And also she provided various tips to strengthen self and better relationship with social members by applying forgiveness, atonement and assertiveness.
- Department of Psychology organized Webinar on Management of Emotional Problems by Applying Behaviour Modification Techniques on 08-01-2021, 11.00 AM. Resource Person: Ms. T. Prathibha, Professor& Psychologist, JKKM College of Paramedical Sciences, Erode. The Resource Person addressed various emotional problems like depression, phobia, anxiety, etc. faced by children, woman& adolescents. She discussed about various behaviour modification techniques applied to manage emotions and emotional problems. She demonstrated the Jacobson’s Progressive Relaxation technique to the participants. Participants from various colleges have enthusiastically participated and involved in live demonstration.
- In connection with the World Mental Health Day2020, the Department of Psychology organized a Webinar on “Mental Health of Adolescent during COVID’19” on 10-10-2020. Resource Person: Dr. K. Mangayarkarasi, Assistant Professor, Department of Women’s Studies, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. The Resource Person delivered a lecture on “Mental Health of Adolescent”. She highlighted the importance of gender difference in mental health. She presented the reasons for gender difference based on various research evidences. She spoke about the mental state that found among men& women during COVID’19 pandemic. She provided ideas to maintain a good mental health in this critical situation.
- Department of Psychology organized the Inauguration ceremony of “Association of Psychology” on 29-09-2020. Chief Guest: Ms. Karthikayani Murugan, Clinical Psychologist, KMCH, Coimbatore. The Chief Guest delivered a guest lecture on “Technology Addiction”. She highlighted the importance of technology in our day to day life. She presented the reasons for technology also becoming a bane during these uncertain times of COVID’19 pandemic. She spoke about the various reasons for technology becoming an addiction based on a research articles and theories. She provided ways to have a minimalistic use of technology. She spoke about different therapies to treat addiction due to technology.
- Department of Psychology and First Aid, Health Watch& Counseling Cell jointly organized a Webinar on “Mindfulness through Mandala” on 07-09-2020, 11.00AM. Resource Person: Ms. Yamini Gowda, Psychologist, Mangalore, Karnataka. The resource person spoke about the mandala art and how it is beneficial for our mind. It is one of the techniques of mindfulness meaning – here and now experience. The resource person also taught the techniques to draw the mandala and more than 80 participants actively participated in the same and also shared their experience after the drawing.
- Department of Psychology and Women’s Empowerment Cell jointly organized Webinar on “Changing negative into positive mental health during quarantine days” on 29-05-2020, 11.00 AM. Resource Person: Mr. J. Jerus Albert Britto, Guest Lecturer & Counselling Psychologist, PG & Research Department of Psychology, Government Arts College, Coimbatore.
- Department of Psychology & Women’s Empowerment Cell jointly organized Student Development Program on “Relationship Enrichment” on 19-05-2020, 11 AM. Resource Person: Ms. Tharanya Sethupathy, Counselling Psychologist, Ms Chellamuthu Trust and Research Foundation.
- Webinar on “Reboot2020- How to manage your Mind, Body & Emotions during lockdown on 16-05-2020, 11 AM. Resource Person: Dr. Mohanakrishnan Raman, Managing Director, Stepup Strategic Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd, Mysore.
- Department of Psychology organized an Essay writing competition – Spill the Words on “Mental Health during the Pandemic- COVID’19”on 24-04-2020.
- Valedictory Ceremony & Guest Lecture on “Cognitive Assessment – Train Your Brain” on 02-03-2020, 10.30 AM. Chief Guest: Dr. Gopukumar Kumarpillai, Bangalore Neuro Centre, Bangalore addressed the students on the characteristics of people with different brain dominance. He spoke about the various neuropsychological disorders like alzheimer’s, dementia and their symptoms. He taught the students about the different neuropsychological tests that could be administered on the patients and explained the different testing procedures.
- Department of Psychology & First aid, Health Watch and Counseling Cell jointly organized Guest Lecture on “Suicide Prevention” on 20-02-2020, 1.30PM. Resource Person: Mrs. Hema V, Clinical Psychologist & Member, Tamil Nadu Association of Clinical Psychologist, Coimbatore. The Resource person gave prime importance in identifying the symptoms of individuals who are vulnerable to suicidal attempts. She bestowed importance on the peers, family and the society in order to help the individuals develop coping mechanisms like developing self-discipline, self- esteem and self-confidence. She also mentioned about the different techniques that could be used to develop good relationships. She spoke about the different community services that could be rendered to individuals to prevent suicide.
- The Department of Psychology & First aid, Health Watch and Counseling Cell jointly conducted an Extension Activity on “Transformation of Knowledge and Practice on Psycho- Social Interventions Towards Students” on 18-02-2020, 10 AM. Venue: Government High School, K. G. Chavadi.
- Organized “Career Orientation Programme” on 31-01-2020, 2 PM. Resource Person: Dr. I. Maria Yesuraja, Professor & Head, Department of Social Work, Sree Narayana Guru College. Venue: Smart Classroom II. The session imparted knowledge to the students regarding the various career opportunities that are available in the field of social work.
- Observation of National Girl Child Day – An Awareness Program on “Psychophysical Well-being” on 24-01-2020, 1.30PM. Venue: Government High School, K.G. Chavadi. An awareness session was conduced in which all the associated topics related to menstruation were explained to adolescent girl students like what is menstruation, how are the periods calculated, physical problems faced by girls during periods and importance of maintaining hygiene. Traditional myths and misconception regarding the menstruation were discussed. FAQs related to Psycho-physical well-being during Menstruation were answered by the facilitators.
- Two Day National Seminar on “Purposeful Living by Awakening Inner Potential” on 10-01-2020 & 11-01-2020, 10 AM. Resource Person: Dr. K. Purandaran, Director, Centre for Human Growth, Former Programme Manager, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai delivered the key note address and gave a brief about the topic. He handled the session by interacting with participants and giving theoretical knowledge with exercises which included finding purpose in life by sourcing inner power and self-awareness, knowing and transcending fear, managing fear, assertiveness training, managing interpersonal conflict, managing time effectively and resilience training.
- Department of Psychology organized a poster presentation competition in connection with the World Mental Health Day on 15-10-2019, 1.30 PM.
- Department of Psychology Organized International Day of Sign Language Celebration on 03-10-2019, 11.30 AM. Dr. M. Ilangovan, Principal, presided over the function.
- Department of Psychology Organized a Guest Lecture on “Dynamics behind Motivation & Leadership” on 01-10-2019, 10.30AM. Resource Person: Mr. Ashwanth Kanna V, Assistant Professor& Head, Department of Psychology, Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College, Pollachi.
- On Account of World Alzheimer’s Day (21st of September 2019), the Department of Psychology, Sree Narayana Guru College, conducted an Awareness program on Alzheimer’s disease among the people of C.G.Pudur, Coimbatore. The causes and the risk factors of the disease were spoken on and the people were also educated on handling individuals suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
- Organized Silver Jubilee Commemorative Lecture Series Lecture on “Advances in Behavioral Technology ” on 26-07-2019, 10 AM. Chief Guest: Prof. Vedagiri Ganesan, Ex. Professor & Head, Department of Psychology, Bharathiar University, Cbe. Director, Global Institute of Behavior Technology, Cbe. Venue: Conference Hall.
- Organized Inauguration on 13-07-2019, 10 AM. Chief Guest: Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, Director, Mind Management Trainer, Life & Career Success Skill Trainer, Skills Training Centre (SKITRAC), Coimbatore. Venue: Conference Hall.
- MOU Signed with Deaf Leaders Foundation for Value Added Course on “Sign Language” on 04-06-2019.
- Organized One Day Seminar on “Dealing with children and careers in psychology” on 27-02-2019, 10.30 AM. Resource Person(s): Dr. K. Sandhya Kaveri, Principal, Kateel Ashok Pai Memorial Institute, Shimmoga, Karnataka and Ms. K. T. Swetha, Psychologist and Guest Faculty, Kateel Ashok Pai Memorial Institute, Shimmoga, Karnataka.
- Organized Visit to WVS Special School, CBE on 11-02-2019. All the students are visited the school and interacted with the school children and observed their problems.
- Organized an Intradepartmental Essay and Poem Writing Competition in connection with World Mental Health Day on 10-10-2018, 1.30 PM.
- Guest lecture on “Personality & Personality Disorders” on 26-09-2018, 1.30 PM. Resource person: Mr.J. Jerus Albert Britto, Guest Lecturer & Counseling Psychologist, Government Arts College, Coimbatore.
- Inaugural function and Guest Lecture on “Recent trends in Psychology and Psychiatry” on 10-08-2018, 2 PM. Resource Person: Dr. B. Ravi Shankar, Psychiatrist, Krishna Nursing Home, Cbe.
- The inauguration was held on 18.08.2017 at 10.30 am. Chief Guest of the programme was Mr.Jeladharan.S, Counselor Trainer, PSGR Krishnammal College, Coimbatore. Dr.T.R.Krishnan, Vice Chairman , SNGET presided over the function. Dr.K.V.Surendran, Principal offered felicitation.